SASS Wire Forum

Cool air again, finally....

Grizzly Dave

the saga of my swamp cooler

so the boy and I got it up and running Friday, water turned on etc

worked for a day and a half then quit, I figured it was a belt

Today the boy had an early errand, so I went and got a belt, well three, wasn't sure what size, trip 1 to Lowes

we both get home, he goes up on roof, belt is fine

motor is turning way slow and making noise

return belts buy new motor, trip 2 to lowes

wiring it was not at all obvious, but I figured it out, had to squeeze in the spade lugs.

go to pull the pulley, take half an hour finding my gear puller

so I find my gear puller and have to put it back together, crank, crank, it comes off a little then cranking gets way hard and I bent the pulley and it won't come any farther

so another trip to Lowes and buy a new pulley, get it put on and send the boy back on the roof. He got it installed and adjusted and once again the swamp cooler is operational.

Now I'm hot and sweaty and heading off to the chiropractor, I'll be nice to her and at least put on a fresh shirt.

Grizz

the saga of my swamp cooler

so the boy and I got it up and running Friday, water turned on etc

worked for a day and a half then quit, I figured it was a belt

Today the boy had an early errand, so I went and got a belt, well three, wasn't sure what size, trip 1 to Lowes

we both get home, he goes up on roof, belt is fine

motor is turning way slow and making noise

return belts buy new motor, trip 2 to lowes

wiring it was not at all obvious, but I figured it out, had to squeeze in the spade lugs.

go to pull the pulley, take half an hour finding my gear puller

so I find my gear puller and have to put it back together, crank, crank, it comes off a little then cranking gets way hard and I bent the pulley and it won't come any farther

so another trip to Lowes and buy a new pulley, get it put on and send the boy back on the roof. He got it installed and adjusted and once again the swamp cooler is operational.

Now I'm hot and sweaty and heading off to the chiropractor, I'll be nice to her and at least put on a fresh shirt.

Grizz

You know when you go to the chiropractor, you literly put your life in their hands. They kill or cripple their "patients" only too frequently. The most common injury is a stroke caused by compressing the arteries in your neck when they "adjust it". http://whatstheharm.net/chiropractic.html

Long johns? Sheesh, I don't even think about Long Johns till it's well below freezing, heck, anything above about 50 is shorts weather.

Band Hand, we all make decisions, but best to make them after due research and thought. It's often a matter of risk/reward. FWIW, they never do my neck unless I specifically ask them to per my instructions.

This cool air sure is nice, might actually be able to get to sleep before 1 am tonight.

Looks like y'all are getting cooked up there.Over here on the West Slope we've only had to use the cooler for about an hour in the afternoon so far.

Long johns? Sheesh, I don't even think about Long Johns till it's well below freezing, heck, anything above about 50 is shorts weather.

Band Hand, we all make decisions, but best to make them after due research and thought. It's often a matter of risk/reward. FWIW, they never do my neck unless I specifically ask them to per my instructions.

This cool air sure is nice, might actually be able to get to sleep before 1 am tonight.

Being from West Tejas, I whar them Long Johns type thingys well into da mid 70's.

Whem my teeth stop charrterin', dat's when I take'em off !!

Archived