SASS Wire Forum

Barbecue sauce question

I'm making a couple of things for my Granddaughter's graduation party. One of them is a beer can chicken and there is a barbecue sauce to go with it, put on the side. I'm sure putting the sauce there at refrigerator temperature is wrong, but should it be at room temperature or even warmer? Heated?

I'm making a couple of things for my Granddaughter's graduation party. One of them is a beer can chicken and there is a barbecue sauce to go with it, put on the side. I'm sure putting the sauce there at refrigerator temperature is wrong, but should it be at room temperature or even warmer? Heated?

When served on the side my preference is room temp.

Bucky

All of yer finer barbecue establishments have the sauce at room temp. Even the ones with indoor plumbing. :lol:

agree--I only heat it if'n the meat gets cold :D

I place by sauce in a kettle and heat it in the grill, then drop the meat into it and pull it out and serve

never thought of doing that. so after you cook it, instead of brushing the sauce on the meat and more on the side, you just let the meat sit in the sauce until ready to serve? I bet it is real flavorful after that.

I just caught the whole line there. If I read that right, you are making your own sauce.

Some sauces have finely chopped onions and such. If so and you have chunks of stuff in it, I would suggest hot. If it is something like this

Beer and Molasses BBQ Glaze:

1 1/4 quarts chili sauce

1 1/2 pints molasses

1 1/2 pints light beer

8 tablespoons Dijon mustard

8 tablespoon chili powder

2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce

2 1/2 tablespoons crystal hot Louisiana sauce

5 tablespoons lemon juice

1 1/3 tablespoons liquid smoke

Combine all ingredients in sauce pot and simmer until reduced by 1/3 of the original volume. Cool completely and pack for transport.

Room temp is fine.

Yes, my recipe includes a recipe for making the barbecue sauce. Your recipe looks great. The two big unknowns from here are the Crystal Hot Louisiana Sauce and the "chili sauce." Don't have Crystal here so I don't know how hot it is and "chili sauce" has a hunnerd or more recipes.

But thanks, it certainly looks like something to try.

I just caught the whole line there. If I read that right, you are making your own sauce.

Some sauces have finely chopped onions and such. If so and you have chunks of stuff in it, I would suggest hot. If it is something like this

Room temp is fine.

Adding liquid smoke is why sauce should be served on the side. One tablespoon of food seasoned with liquid smoke and I'm done. Instant indigestion.

Adding liquid smoke is why sauce should be served on the side. One tablespoon of food seasoned with liquid smoke and I'm done. Instant indigestion.

I agree.

Archived