SASS Wire Forum

Rate EOT

10 as it was the first EoT I competed in AND I shot it clean. :D

I don't have too many big matches to compare to, but I had a great time as did the posse I shot with.

I would give it a 10, everyone worked hard and there was always something to see or do. It also helps that I was #7 in B Western which was great since this was only my second EOT and I have only been a SASS member for just over a year. But really everyone was wonderful and I know the folks on posse 29 were the finest kind of folks.

I'm going to go out on a limb here; I have had the pleasure of shooting EoT in both California and at the new site in New Mexico.

To be honest, as a shooting match, no EoT has ever been at the top of my list. This year, the Powers That Be put it in the hands of a couple of very experienced and savvy shooters (TA and Bubba) and it was absolutely the best EoT match that I have ever shot. (I'll still be willing to debate the questionable virtue of that 10-second bonus swing on Stage 6...)

The Wild West show was something special, too. And having a HUGE crowd in the Belle Union made the Saturday night party an absolute smash. The EoT geography makes that difficult, sometimes, but there were a capacity 350 people inside, and over a hundred partying outside THIS year, so no complaints there.

The posses ran on time, the awards were split between Saturday night and Sunday afternoon, so neither was long and tiring, and whatever you needed, food, clothing, repair (I needed that, sadly!) were all readily available.

In all, it was a terrific event, made so through terrific efforts, and the Wild Bunch and all the assorted workers are to be congratulated for a job well done!

A tip of the hat,

Frederick Jackson Turner

Archived