SASS Wire Forum

Congratulations to ALL EoT CLASSIC COWBOYS...

Ghost, SASS #50125

Great shootin' Dragon Hill Dave!!! Folks, there were only 55.92 seconds that separated the Top Ten Classic Cowboys! That's about 4.66 seconds per stage! That's less than one miss per stage!!

It was a great contest under adverse weather conditions. The Top Ten CLASSIC COWBOYS:

#1. Dragon Hill Dave

#2. Solicitor General

#3. Mose Spencer

#4. Persuader

#5. Doc Baker

#6. Garrison Jon

#7. Texas Ghost (tied for 2nd place LONG RANGE BIG BORE SINGLE SHOT SMOKELESS) Thanks COWTOWN SCOUT!

#8. Brother King

#9. Tom Payne

#10.Deadwood Woody

Ghost

Hearty congratulations to our new 2011 End of Trail Classic Cowboy Champion, Dragon Hill Dave! DHD won a hard- fought battle right to the last target with everyone eggin' each other on and wishing each other the best. It couldn't have happened to a nicer cowboy.

The battle was bold, fair, and I'm sure each and every one of the 35 Classic Cowboys has stories to tell about targets that didn't fall and stages they'd like to do over again.

DHD has been on a roll this year winning the TX State Championships in May at Comancheria Days as well.

EOT 2011 Classic Cowboy category was the biggest ever fielded. Three members of the Classic Cowboy Shootist Award committee made the Top Ten with our Treasurer and fellow Board of Directors member Dragon Hill Dave taking the top spot.

Congratulations to Texas Ghost who came from behind on the last day to take the 7th position. Way to hang tough, Ghost!

DANG WE HAD FUN! YEEEE HAAAWWW! :D

Congrats to the Dragon. Way to go.

And to all the other top 10 also.

It's great to see a group promote there category the way you all do. REFREASHING to see.

And congrats to one of the NEW CC. Mose Spencer for coming in 3rd.

It's great to see a group promote there category the way you all do. REFRESHING to see.

And congrats to one of the NEW CC. Mose Spencer for coming in 3rd.

I say...YA WANNA SEE A GUN FIGHT? look at the way Mose Spencer and Solicitor General traded stages throughout the entire match! Mose had it... Solicitor had it... Mose had it... Solicitor bobbled... Mose bobbled....who is gonna win? "It's up to the RANK GODS," says Mose Saturday night. And so it was... by 10 rank points! :o

What a great performance for both! Way to go, Mose- great debut in the best category in SASS! Wife Bella Spencer (2nd Classic Cowgirl) :wub: also had a duel going with Tucson Wild Irish Rose. All on the same posse! YEEEE HAAAW! What a battle royal!

Hat's off to Solicitor for his 2nd place. Nice guy, wonderful family and wife Tucson Wild Irish Rose shoots Classic Cowgirl! :wub: (3rd Classic Cowgirl!) and son, Blackhills Dakota, (new Buckaroo 4th!)

Congratulations to all the top ten!! Good shooting Pards. A tip of the hat to Doc Baker and Garrison Joe, well done my friends, and Ghost it was nice to meet you. I hope to get a chance to shoot with you some day!

Ten High

Hey Guys,

I think I missed one of the greatest gunfights yet?????????? I wish I was with you guys slinging some lead downrange!!! I was with you in spirit and the top 10 could not have been a nicer group of fellers! I would ride the river with any of ya. And to the all my board members of the Magnificent 7 who placed in the top 10 with DHD taking top honors leave a little room for old Vance at the top (Move over bacon here comes something a little MEATY er') Hahahahahah

I will see you all downrange!

Congratulations again to all and when you least expect it I will be shooting next 2 ya!!

Vance Montana

Congratulations to all my fellow Classic Cowboys (and Cowgirls). I was with you in spirit. From the posted scores everyone was close at the top. WOW that was a lot of folks shooting CC this year!!!!

Dragon Hill Dave you gotta be in Hog Heaven winning CC Texas State and EOT in the same year. Awesome!!!!!

Ghost my friend glad my 45-70 load worked for you, but you still gotta put the sights were you want them and hold it through squeezing the trigger. ;)

Scout B)B)

Wow what a great time I had shooting classic cowboy.These guys aarw such a tight group. CONGRADULATiONS to Dragon Hill Dave .I had more fun shooting than Ihave in years.it was a great pleasure shooting with SolicitorGeneral and having that direct competition the whole match.THANKS to all my goods friends for the six weeks of duelist lessons and All the other help. I know. T-Bone plans to make a comeback so we all need more practice plus I will have to find some one elese guns to shoot haha. THANKS AGAIN to all the CCs for letting me play their game. I really have a new respect for all of ya.

MOSE

I appreciate all the good wishes. It was so close with all of us.

Marshall Stone--I won't be at Hell on Wheels this year or Winter Range next year because my wife and I have some travel plans that take priority. (I know--what could be more important than cowboy action shooting? Well, we celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary this summer, and I promised to take her somewhere special. And since she is not a shooter, someplace special is not Cheyenne. Maybe next year.)

Congratulations to all the top ten!! Good shooting Pards. A tip of the hat to Doc Baker and Garrison Joe, well done my friends, and Ghost it was nice to meet you. I hope to get a chance to shoot with you some day!

Ten High

Ten High, it will be my pleasure! Thanks for the "On the House" Pardner. You're a real Classic Cowboy.

Ghost

It was a tight catagory for sure. Hope to see ya all again.

Tom Payne

Good to meet ya, Tom Payne! Good shootin'.

Ghost

Congratulations to all my fellow Classic Cowboys (and Cowgirls). I was with you in spirit. From the posted scores everyone was close at the top. WOW that was a lot of folks shooting CC this year!!!!

Dragon Hill Dave you gotta be in Hog Heaven winning CC Texas State and EOT in the same year. Awesome!!!!!

Ghost my friend glad my 45-70 load worked for you, but you still gotta put the sights were you want them and hold it through squeezing the trigger. ;)

Scout B)B)

Thanks Scout, but the load was just right, thanks to you!

Ghost

no competition here, Ijust like to shoot it. I loaded a .45 in my .44 henry and cost me 7 misses had a high primer in my pistol cost me 4 misses. But I was shooting and having fun!! congratulations to all CC's.

Happy Trails

no competition here, Ijust like to shoot it. I loaded a .45 in my .44 henry and cost me 7 misses had a high primer in my pistol cost me 4 misses. But I was shooting and having fun!! congratulations to all CC's.

Happy Trails

Ozarks Ranger, even the best of us have a mis-hap from time to time. I was lucky during the main match and caught several high primers by spinning the cylinders several times. But, when shooting the Wild Bunch Match, I got a re-shoot. At my gun cart, I loaded my loading block and re-stocked by shotgun slide and then to the loading table. Not wanting to slow down the posse, I loaded the .45 mags and the '97, a little out of synic. What I DIDN'T load was my '66! As luck would had it, it was the last weapon used...click,click,click.... :blush:

So proud of my pard, Persuader. Ya'll better keep an eye out. He's coming on! Gonna try Classic Cowboy myself, under his tutelage. You wanna see how it's done, watch me. You won't need SLOMO mode.

Cassalong Hopidy[/size]

Great shootin' Dragon Hill Dave!!! Folks, there were only 55.92 seconds that separated the Top Ten Classic Cowboys! That's about 4.66 seconds per stage! That's less than one miss per stage!!

It was a great contest under adverse weather conditions. The Top Ten CLASSIC COWBOYS:

#1. Dragon Hill Dave

#2. Solicitor General

#3. Mose Spencer

#4. Persuader

#5. Doc Baker

#6. Garrison Jon

#7. Texas Ghost (tied for 2nd place LONG RANGE BIG BORE SINGLE SHOT SMOKELESS) Thanks COWTOWN SCOUT!

#8. Brother King

#9. Tom Payne

#10.Deadwood Woody

Ghost

Congratulations to all the CCs!!!

Shot many times with Tom Payne and Deadwood Woody...Top Hands...well deserved!!

You guys have earned it.

A BIG congatulations to ya!!!

YEEEEEEHA!!

BH

Archived