SASS Wire Forum

WTB..Lightened Brass Carrier

I am wanting to get away from the aluminum carrier in my 73'.. I am needing a machined brass carrier for a 35/357 rifle.. Have searched around an am unable to find a supplier selling on already machined.. If someone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks,

RR

I am wanting to get away from the aluminum carrier in my 73'.. I am needing a machined brass carrier for a 35/357 rifle.. Have searched around an am unable to find a supplier selling on already machined.. If someone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks,

RR

You comin' to GA for the 4th of July weekend? - we'd love to have you again.

Big Boyd

Thanks,

RR

Howdy RR,

Contact Ol'#4, at dick.swanson@oit.edu he has the lightened brass carriers. I got two from him and love 'em! The 'luminum ones ain't heavy enough to work good, I pulled 'em outta both my '73s.

:FlagAm:

You comin' to GA for the 4th of July weekend? - we'd love to have you again.

Big Boyd

We actually are coming down for the 4th.. Had not made up my mind about shooting or not... How strict is the summer dress code there?.. let me know.. Thanks.

Thanks,

RR

RR

You could do like I did when I saw that the alum carriers weren't the way to go. Take yer brass one, set up yer drill press chuck up a small end mill in it and turn the rpms up and mill away at all the thick places. After milling and drilling for over an hour and a half, I found I had lightened the carrier by about a gram!! Ain't no place left to cut weight, but it looks cool and I tell everyone it is lighter. (I do like the feel of the brass compared to the Coors can carrier.)

Al

We actually are coming down for the 4th.. Had not made up my mind about shooting or not... How strict is the summer dress code there?.. let me know.. Thanks.

Would like hat and boots - short sleeves OK - pants of some sort - Not getting overheated is important

We are going to shoot the pigeon-pitchin' poppers! I know these are among your favorites

Big Boyd

Archived