SASS Wire Forum

BP brass cleaning for subs

Ktown Kid

saw another post on brass cleaning,

but wondeitng if 777/APP are subs, not corisive like true BP, do you need to soak the brass to neutrilize?

if not, just throw in tumbler like smokeless?

thanks

Depends on how clean you like your brass. For Clean, shiny brass - put into a container with a squirt of simple green or dish soap at the match. When you get home, shake for a while, rinse with hot water, dry on towel or bake at 250 for 15 min. When dry throw into tumbler with 1/2 cap full of liquid car wax & tumble till your happy with them. The car wax polishes & lubricates for ease of resizing. If you aren't particular about them being shiny, just tumble. They will acquire dark stains which won't hurt anything.

I have heard it said that the subs are actually worse on brass than is real black powder, hearsay mind you. Not one to ignore a good rumor I always soak my brass between the unloading table and for the trip home. My solution is a weak mix of purple cleaner in water but figure that dish soap would work just as well.

Triple 7 will tarnish brass. I had a container of brass fired with Triple 7 at EOT that I washed several times and dried immediately. The brass has plenty of new, dark brown spots on it. This is not serious for it will reload fine. Still Triple 7 residue will react with brass.

APP stains brass as well if left for too long. I throw mine in a jug of water and dish soap at my cart and rinse and tumble when I get home. Looks brand new after that.

i did 15/20 minuits hot water + couple drops detergent, rinse several times, setout sun hour or so...yes tarneshed spots (not to bad, gives the brass caracture), tumbled like usual and VOLA...ready to reuse

just like gun cleaning (BP sub)...

EASY PEASY (translateion...easier than i thought it would be)

Archived