SASS Wire Forum

New Energy Crisis

Subdeacon Joe

I got to thinking, always a dangerous thing, and it came to me that we are using solar energy at an ever increasing rate. Don't people know that solar energy is a finite and non-renewable resource? Time to start conserving solar energy NOW!

I think we need to repeal the law that says you can't get more energy out of something than you put into it. Then we could go around cracking water molecules and burn the O and the H.

The Bloom Box is supposed to be more efficient than solar:

AJ

I got to thinking, always a dangerous thing, and it came to me that we are using solar energy at an ever increasing rate. Don't people know that solar energy is a finite and non-renewable resource? Time to start conserving solar energy NOW!

Well I'm conserving as much solar energy as I can. I collect it at the barn and store it in a bank of batteries. Then when I go to do some reloading, I have lights, fans, and a radio. When I get enough batteries, I'll get an inverter and be ably to run my saws with stored solar energy. I might add a wind generator to the system, but I need more batteries.

Well I'm conserving as much solar energy as I can. I collect it at the barn and store it in a bank of batteries. Then when I go to do some reloading, I have lights, fans, and a radio. When I get enough batteries, I'll get an inverter and be ably to run my saws with stored solar energy. I might add a wind generator to the system, but I need more batteries.

There you go...taking a perfectly good, silly thread and turning is serious! :lol:

Next you'll be telling us that you use hydric acid in your home!

A side benefit of using more batteries it that if you run out of ammunition, you can melt down a battery or two and have enough for a side match or even a main match. Where you get the charcoal, sulphur

and potassium nitrate is another matter. Got Brass?

I wanna' know why all the opponents of nuclear energy aren't complainin' 'bout that big ol' hydrogen bomb that's roarin' along out there ninty-three million miles away. :excl::lol::wacko:

I wanna' know why all the opponents of nuclear energy aren't complainin' 'bout that big ol' hydrogen bomb that's roarin' along out there ninty-three million miles away. :excl::lol::wacko:

give em time they will

Solar Energy is causing Global Warming!

Hear me out pards. Global Warming is caused by people leaving their cars, pickups, van, and SUVs parked in the sun with the windows rolled up (your local Wal-Mart parking lot is a typical example). This causes each vehicle to become a small green house filled with super solar heated hot air. Then when the owner goes to get into his/her vehicle, what do they do? They leave the doors open and allow all that green house super solar heated hot air out into the environment...thus Global Warming!

Solar Energy is causing Global Warming!

Hear me out pards. Global Warming is caused by people leaving their cars, pickups, van, and SUVs parked in the sun with the windows rolled up (your local Wal-Mart parking lot is a typical example). This causes each vehicle to become a small green house filled with super solar heated hot air. Then when the owner goes to get into his/her vehicle, what do they do? They leave the doors open and allow all that green house super solar heated hot air out into the environment...thus Global Warming!

........... are you Al Gore in disguise ?

:P

They have. Haven't you heard all the noise about the fact that in five billion years the sun will explode and take the Earth with it? They collected five bucks in donations which, with compound interest at 1% per year, will be worth an astronomical sum in 5 billion years and will be enough to buy a half a gallon of gas if there is any to be had.

Five Billion years, you say?

Five Billion?

Why that is more than a decade. As Boss said in Open Range, "10 years, they call that a decade."

Hmmmmm :unsure:

Then my solar powered gas string trimmer won't work, will it?

Wonder if them curley que light bulbs will still work?

Is there some sort of energy tax on solar panels yet? If not, you can bet there soon will be.

Archived