SASS Wire Forum

LAKEWOODS MARSHAL'S JULY 2 shoot

That's right, ya jes read it. Most Cowboy shooters already know that the Lakewoods Marshals July 2 shoot is the place in the Midwest to celebrate the 4th of July Holiday. Shoot in the Woods, shoot in the shade! Shooters come from 4 states jest to take in the ambience of the TOAD HOLLER SALOON. And this year we're offering something special for free! You can shoot in the WARTHAWG CATEGORY for no extra charge! Can ya believe it? Fill them ol cases clear full of HOLY BLACK and cram yer favorite big lube bullet on top....SMOKE AND FIRE!!! Be the first ta set the woods afire! Make them targets ring like they was gitten' smacked by Ol John Henry's Hammer. Send the Gods of Thunder to higher elevations!! Let the mere mortals know what Saturday Night in Dodge City sounded like. Relive the day when Butch and Sundance thundered out of Telluride Colorado after their first bank heist!

No better way ta celebrate our Freedom!!

Sarge is going to draw up some stages for the ultimate Cowboy action Category---Warthawg Gunfighter!!! There will be a special prize table for WARTHAWGS (that's a lie)

There will be a special fully stocked reception area for Warthawg competeters( That's a bald faced lie) And for yer special pleasure the WARTHAWG LADIES OF THE NIGHT will make a special appearance (that's a big dang bald faced lie)!

And we'll be having the drawing for the $450 rig of your choice from Murphy Gunleather. You can still get tickets at the shoot the day of drawing. $5 each or 6 for $20. (And that ain't no lie!!!! Thanks to Persimmon Dan for supporting the sport in a giant way!!!!)

And if'n you ain't no WARTHAWG, come on out anyway, you'll have almost as much fun!!!

That's right, ya jes read it. Most Cowboy shooters already know that the Lakewoods Marshals July 2 shoot is the place in the Midwest to celebrate the 4th of July Holiday. Shoot in the Woods, shoot in the shade! Shooters come from 4 states jest to take in the ambience of the TOAD HOLLER SALOON. And this year we're offering something special for free! You can shoot in the WARTHAWG CATEGORY for no extra charge! Can ya believe it? Fill them ol cases clear full of HOLY BLACK and cram yer favorite big lube bullet on top....SMOKE AND FIRE!!! Be the first ta set the woods afire! Make them targets ring like they was gitten' smacked by Ol John Henry's Hammer. Send the Gods of Thunder to higher elevations!! Let the mere mortals know what Saturday Night in Dodge City sounded like. Relive the day when Butch and Sundance thundered out of Telluride Colorado after their first bank heist!

No better way ta celebrate our Freedom!!

Sarge is going to draw up some stages for the ultimate Cowboy action Category---Warthawg Gunfighter!!! There will be a special prize table for WARTHAWGS (that's a lie)

There will be a special fully stocked reception area for Warthawg competeters( That's a bald faced lie) And for yer special pleasure the WARTHAWG LADIES OF THE NIGHT will make a special appearance (that's a big dang bald faced lie)!

And we'll be having the drawing for the $450 rig of your choice from Murphy Gunleather. You can still get tickets at the shoot the day of drawing. $5 each or 6 for $20. (And that ain't no lie!!!! Thanks to Persimmon Dan for supporting the sport in a giant way!!!!)

And if'n you ain't no WARTHAWG, come on out anyway, you'll have almost as much fun!!!

How many times do I have to say it? It's Fire and Smoke...Fire 'n' Smoke...Phiren Smoke :D

Methinks it would be held accordingly to bless the grounds with my holy black loads as well. They have been witnessed to be in the Warthog status... :lol:

If you've never been to Lakewood Marshall's this would be an excellent opportunity to see what the best of Illinois and downstate hospitality have to offer. Just ask Allie Mo(no E) :wub:

Latest on the Independance Holiday Lakewood Marshal shoot....There will be a special seating area in the spacious outdoor cafeteria area reserved for those who enjoy "Whine and Jeese". Room will be set aside for those who can't seem to get the idea that the lever goes up and down, just like it did at last weeks match, or that shotgun shells must be inserted into doubles side by side and not one in front of the other. This special "Whine and Jeese" section will be to the east end of seating area and just upwind of the outhouse. Pack yer red, white and blue and stay tuned....

All right lungers....there will be 6 stages, shoot 3, break for lunch (bring your own)shoot the last 3. Then set around and lie to each other while the scores are tabulated and munch on some Shell Stuffer home made ice cream (if time allows for him to crank it out this week)

Thurday after work there will be a range set-up day. Be there if you can, anytime after 4 or so.

E-mail who you want to shoot with so we can start making up posse's. Sgt. Eli

Now back to your regularly scheduled No Horse Hair.

Yeah, Hair reminds me of what an ol" friend used to say: "I heard bugs fart under water before". Don't he still insist on usin' "squaw Grip" Sarge? Whoever heard of a WARTHOG hangin' on to his pistols with two hands. Makes it impossible to hold two pistols at once. Don't ya know. :P

Well, how can I resist that invitation! Since Springfield didn't work out this weekend (under water...literally), I'm all loaded up and ready to go.

If you're coming from the north thru Decatur area and need to car/truck/pool, let us know. We have a few from here going south.

We may have to rent a bus, or two, or three. We may even have us a wagon train!

BUUUUUULLLLSKKKIIIINNNNERRRR-I resent those remarks....I've been shooooootin dbl dualist since Nuttin' showed me how cooool it looks. And besides, as clumsy as I've become, I need a pistol in each hand to keep me balanced! ANNNNND, I've determined mineself to shoooot GUNFIGHTER for this very special match!! And I'm a gonna need lotsa' help and coachin'......so I'm puttin mahself in yer hands....(this is really starting to get scary)

OK SARGE, throw me in there with Bullskinner and Rev Dunkum....The official WARTHAWG POSSE!!!

BUUUUUULLLLSKKKIIIINNNNERRRR-I resent those remarks....I've been shooooootin dbl dualist since Nuttin' showed me how cooool it looks. And besides, as clumsy as I've become, I need a pistol in each hand to keep me balanced! ANNNNND, I've determined mineself to shoooot GUNFIGHTER for this very special match!! And I'm a gonna need lotsa' help and coachin'......so I'm puttin mahself in yer hands....(this is really starting to get scary)

OK SARGE, throw me in there with Bullskinner and Rev Dunkum....The official WARTHAWG POSSE!!!

I'm not too sure about you being balanced....but I gotcha down with those other galoots!

Are you sure you want to be in Bull's hands.....

Now Sarge, you been carryin' that video camera around for 2 years just waitin' to catch me screwin' up one time. Ain't ya? :P

That was a cluster f--k if there ever was one. That one round had a crater in the primer and never would go off. My hands were so tired from walkin' the cylinder around tryin' to get it to go off that they were charley horsin' on me. :angry:

Now Sarge, you been carryin' that video camera around for 2 years just waitin' to catch me screwin' up one time. Ain't ya? :P

That was a cluster f--k if there ever was one. That one round had a crater in the primer and never would go off. My hands were so tired from walkin' the cylinder around tryin' to get it to go off that they were charley horsin' on me. :angry:

YUP....I also got this dandy clip

Sarge, your timing is impeccable.

Only you could have chosen the best shoot to video for mess ups. More people blew it that shoot than I have seen in a long time.

Course nobody got you slippin' on the wet grass and landing on yer keester earlier in the day! :P

How's yer injured body parts or can't you discuss it in public. :lol:

Sarge, your timing is impeccable.

Only you could have chosen the best shoot to video for mess ups. More people blew it that shoot than I have seen in a long time.

Course nobody got you slippin' on the wet grass and landing on yer keester earlier in the day! :P

How's yer injured body parts or can't you discuss it in public. :lol:

I WISH it wuz muh keester...more padding. The ol' wing is still very sore, however I can turn a doorknob now so it must be gettin' better. I don't think I tore anything, just stretched everthing a might. Probably won't be a shootin' Gunfighter if I get to shoot at all. :huh:

I'm for giving Sarge a Medical Provision. I say let him shoot the whole course of fire with pistols (WARTHAWG LOADS OF COURSE). Two pistols from the holsters and the rest off tables or handed off by a reputable pard (providin' we can find one). I jest can't See Sarge backing outa those swingin doors with his hands in the air snivelin' bout a sore wing! He'd be a duckin' and firin' till 'em pistols went click, click,click....

I'm for giving Sarge a Medical Provision. I say let him shoot the whole course of fire with pistols (WARTHAWG LOADS OF COURSE). Two pistols from the holsters and the rest off tables or handed off by a reputable pard (providin' we can find one). I jest can't See Sarge backing outa those swingin doors with his hands in the air snivelin' bout a sore wing! He'd be a duckin' and firin' till 'em pistols went click, click,click....

I'm with ya No H H.

Hey Sarge if ya need a set of warthog type pistols and BP rounds to fire in 'em let me know. Ya know I can come up with a set or two ...or three. ;):D

Ah'm truly at a loss for words tonight. I've committed mahself to shoot WARTHAWG GUNFIGHTER at this match. I've never shot more'n one stage gunfighter. Whose idea wuz this? This could be bad, embarrisin'even. This could be worse'n wheeleing over backwards into the crowd when I wuz racin' motorsickles. Could be worse'n fallin over a rail on mah face in a strip club. Might be like the time David Copperfield got a laugh out of the audience when he accused me of making two syllables out of the word "red". Ah heck far, I'll jus watch how Bull Skinner and Rev Willie Dunkum do it, then I'll jus do it a little faster!!! LOOOOK OOOOUT train wreck ahead....

Come on out and have some fun with us,,,,,it'll be shady, targets up close an between the trees, only way it cud be better is if we wuz shootin' beer bottles on the Wabash!

Come on out and have some fun with us,,,,,it'll be shady, targets up close an between the trees, only way it cud be better is if we wuz shootin' beer bottles on the Wabash!

Now No HH, ya brought back memories of bygone years. Only for me it was on the Little Wabash, just West of Town. Would ride our bikes out there with our trusty 22s strapped on the handle bars. ^_^:D

Now No HH, ya brought back memories of bygone years. Only for me it was on the Little Wabash, just West of Town. Would ride our bikes out there with our trusty 22s strapped on the handle bars. ^_^:D

I thought when you was a little kid firearms hadn't been invented yet. :lol:

I talked to Shell Stuffer earlier and he says there will be hand cranked home made ice cream for all to enjoy!

Was at the range earlier and Phillie Boy and Miner Incident had been there since about noon working on things. Wait until you get a look at the drop down tables at the mine. These things look like seige doors for a castle! :) Pine Ridge Jack and Dakota were also sprucing things up for Saturday.....I supervised. ;)

Hey Sarge so far we have the following a comin' from the Free Grazers.

Bull Skinner

Marshal Duncan

Pathfinder

Fossil Creek Bob

Marshal Stallings

Also from the Northern Territories.

Reverend Willie

Jericho

Errol Plain

Who you know of not on the regulars list?

Hey Sarge so far we have the following a comin' from the Free Grazers.

Bull Skinner

Marshal Duncan

Pathfinder

Fossil Creek Bob

Marshal Stallings

Also from the Northern Territories.

Reverend Willie

Jericho

Errol Plain

Who you know of not on the regulars list?

Ok...remind the Fossil and Marshal we don't shoot Wild Bunch during Cowboy Match! ;)

Ok...remind the Fossil and Marshal we don't shoot Wild Bunch during Cowboy Match! ;)

Duly informed to keep the sewin' machine guns at home and bring their real irons, instead. :lol:

YEEEEHAWWWW!!!!Gonna be more fun than ridin' bulls backwards...Ah'ma knowin' we're gonna be mighty hot'n dry after this here WARTHAWGIN" GUNFIGHTEN BIZNESS. So I'm a takin it upon mah self to provide a little sweet treat after tha match...I ain't tellin what it'll be....just bring yer pocketknife.....It's gonna be extra good, better'n usual, cuz I'm waitin' till it gets good and dark and I'm steeeeelin' em!!!!

Hey Sarge i planing on attending this here shooting match bringing my shooting iron's. And it look's like our buddy black jack is staying home.?? Brisco Big'n

Hey Sarge i planing on attending this here shooting match bringing my shooting iron's. And it look's like our buddy black jack is staying home.?? Brisco Big'n

He's just gonna miss all the fun then.

Archived