SASS Wire Forum

WARTHOG RESEARCH COMPLETED

You'all may remember I started researching the Warthog lifestyle a short time ago. I now have some findings to release:

WARTHOGS don't need no stinkin' badges.

WARTHOGS disdain acceptance by non warthogs...in other words, they enjoy life when others are backing away from the smoke and fire!

WARTHOGS don't need no stinkin' powder measures.

WARTHOGS believe that if scorers can't see or hear a proceedural, it never happened!

WARTHOGS believe that 44-40 cases need sideboards!

WARTHOGS strive to outshoot, out smoke and fire and cause more darnation than any other heeled cowboy on the range.

And finally, WARTHOGS don't need no stinkin' categories (everbody is fair game!)

You'all may remember I started researching the Warthog lifestyle a short time ago. I now have some findings to release:

WARTHOGS don't need no stinkin' badges.

WARTHOGS disdain acceptance by non warthogs...in other words, they enjoy life when others are backing away from the smoke and fire!

WARTHOGS don't need no stinkin' powder measures.

WARTHOGS believe that if scorers can't see or hear a proceedural, it never happened!

WARTHOGS believe that 44-40 cases need sideboards!

WARTHOGS strive to outshoot, out smoke and fire and cause more darnation than any other heeled cowboy on the range.

And finally, WARTHOGS don't need no stinkin' categories (everbody is fair game!)

B):D

The way ta reload shotgun shells is stuffed with powder, usen a dowel rod and a hammer ta compress ta get enough shot in it. Then BOOM!!!! :lol:

Official WartHogs take the Oath and their monikers are recognized on the Infamous International WartHog Honor Roll ... http://www.theopenrange.net/forum/index.php?topic=10.0

Don't see your moniker on the Honor Roll? Well, you can stop in at the Depot, show your firearms that shoot bullets beginning with a '40'

Then candidates will be inscribed on the WartHog Honor Roll along with the other hundreds of shooters, including the many International shooters that are Offical WartHogs!

The WartHog Standing Order

Standing Order : The following individuals have forsaken "the Easy Way". They are dedicated shooters of 40 caliber and larger firearms and, for the most part, engage in an anachronistic behavior known as Cowboy Action Shooting. Some maintain the traditions with authentic firearms and clothing or reproductions of same. Some with Gunpowder, (the one true powder), others with nitrocellulose.

All hold with the belief that : Life Begins at 40. Without stout loads and large heavy bullets in our cartridges, as intended by Samuel Colt, we might as well live in Zimbabwe, beat drums and chase cattle with a stick.

Further, we acknowledge our duty to instruct others and to assist all in their quest to become shootists, smiths and philosophers...the erudite ladies and gentlemen of the plains. We have joined together to ensure that our progeny does not forget the time before railroads and barbed wire; when men and women roamed free across broad plains.

Therefore, the following individuals are hereby recognized for their contributions and epitomization of the traditions of our Code.

Yeah, not sure where there's any confusion.

Now, if my new 44-40's would arrive so that I can get away from these 45 Colts ...

:D

Reverend, if you insist on using an inferior caliber, like 44 Magnum, 45 Colt,etc; so be it.

As for me and mine we will ride with Oliver Winchester.

Yeee Haaa! Easy Peasy, clean and breezy on the thin walled bottle necked trail to Smoke, fire and Brimstonedom. :lol:

Archived