SASS Wire Forum

shot gun shells

Trigger Mike

They ave been out for some time now, been shooting them at all the shoots for just over a mounth. You get a lot funny looks from people when your belt is full of PINK shells?

Not to bad shooting them in the 97 but kick a bit in the doubles!

R.R.R.

At our State meet, there was a cowboy shooting the pink shells, talked to him and found out what the deal was, didn't know anything about it until then, good cause and he shoots a hammered shotgun, don't think he was having any trouble shucking them, at least I don't think so

All for now JD Trampas

I seen those. And wanted to get some.

As my Mom has been going through chemo because of BC.

So thought I might shoot them for her.

BUT. That base scared me off of them.

Might be sticky in a double.

Might get some anyway. Just to see if they work or not.

I checked the specs on them. They are 1 1/8 oz shot rated at 1145 fps - kind of stout for CAS. Ladies might want a few in their shotgun belt as knockdown loads but I think they would tire of the recoil shortly.

I picked up a case today at Cabelas..... $54.95

I checked the specs on them. They are 1 1/8 oz shot rated at 1145 fps - kind of stout for CAS. Ladies might want a few in their shotgun belt as knockdown loads but I think they would tire of the recoil shortly.

Sounds about like a normal AA or STS Light Target load.

Wife shoots them all the time. Likes them better than FL's.

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

I just ordered a case of them for Calamity JoAnne.

She has been a supporter against BC for years.

In fact, she did the 60-mile walk in west Denver.

Mustang Gregg

Can't get this worded right ...

Never mind. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Hey Mike,

We missed you at the Wild Bunch match at Cherokee today. Is there anywhere other than Cabela's to get these shells? Any place local in ATL?

I was going to buy some also, and was put off with concerns about the aluminum base. Prices are good, they are a little hotter than we normally shoot, but as said, great for cantankerous targets, but I will go back and try at least one box of them. I'll see how they shuck out, you do have to watch out though some aluminum bases have been known to lock up 97's, so I probably will not go there.

I saw them first in at Smoking Guns at Rabbit Ridge. It's a cool idea. FYI - A magnet will stick to that "aluminum"...and it will rust too! FWIW - When I used them, I never had any problems in my 97 will the less expensive ribbed hull Winchesters. I've seen these pink ones used in some doubles without any problem, but that doesn't mean all doubles (or 97's for that matter) could use them without any problem.

Archived