SASS Wire Forum

Subdeacon Joe...

Heck of a name for a soda pop. If you have any interest in brewing, you could set up to make a mildly sweet "Hardpan Sassparilla" (or sarsaparilla) for a niche market.

http://www.greydragon.org/library/brewing_root_beer.html

Har! :lol:

Funny you should mention that, Joe!

When the Kid was 'bout ten or eleven or there 'bouts, Beaver Dick and Minnie Aldinger got us started in makin' our own ~ even still have a copy of the label around here somewheres... I'll post a picture if I come across it whilst unpacking! Good stuff ~ reckon this summer might be a good time to dig out the equipment and start up again. Think we still have a case or so of the cobalt blue "stopper bottles," and a couple of bottle cappers. ;)

Thankee for the link!! ^_^

Top o' the mornin' to ya, Joe!

Found one o' the Kid's left over root beer labels - most appropriately stuck in his SASS membership frame. ^_^

Sassparilla Kid's Root Beer ~ picture at 'bout age 8

Just for comparison, here's the kid last April, with the most delightful Fannie Mostly:

Sassparilla and Ms Fannie

I reckon the bug's done bit, and as soon as we get settled into the new digs we'll be turnin' out a few batches... ;)

Top o' the mornin' to ya, Joe!

Found one o' the Kid's left over root beer labels - most appropriately stuck in his SASS membership frame. ^_^

Sassparilla Kid's Root Beer ~ picture at 'bout age 8

Just for comparison, here's the kid last April, with the most delightful Fannie Mostly:

Sassparilla and Ms Fannie

I reckon the bug's done bit, and as soon as we get settled into the new digs we'll be turnin' out a few batches... ;)

I'm sorry! There goes your copious spare time!

Those photos are, what, about ten years apart? Fine looking young man you have there.

Thankee~! ^_^

Uh.... Spare time...?

I dunno nuttin' 'bout no spare time... but I do know that we likes root beer 'round these parts! :rolleyes:

Archived