SASS Wire Forum

Welcome Back Utah Bob.

Your absence was apparent and sorely felt.

Thanks Pard.

I'm feeling kinda sorely myself right now. :lol::unsure::lol:

No doubt about that.

The word around the bar yesterday was that you got your staples removed.

I know all about the staple thingy. BUT, and there is always a but, I am wondering

if they tattooed the words "THAT WAS EASY" across the incision?

Welcome back Utah Bob!!

Utah Bob; Glad to see your back, especially after seeing your front! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope everything mends well and your back to your old self soon. Just sayin'

Big Jake

No doubt about that.

The word around the bar yesterday was that you got your staples removed.

I know all about the staple thingy. BUT, and there is always a but, I am wondering

if they tattooed the words "THAT WAS EASY" across the incision?

What's that all about? Was you a centerfold for the Cowboy Chronicle or somethin'?

Glad you're back amongst us.

Glad to see yer back, and remember that any day you can spend above ground is a GOOD DAY!

Utahs.. could you do a pome.. lol... for us.. Geesh we missed you.. you just have to stay well, we all worry about you when you are gone. Utahs.. we miss you, Carol loves you.. come one ya gotta get well.. K??? Please? ... DV

Utah Bob shoves the Saloon doors open and slowly limps in. Slightly bent to one side with a noticeable tic near the corner of his mouth, he makes his way toward the bar. One foot drags slightly. Shhhllllp.... thump, shlllllp... thump.

The silence is suddenly broken by some greenhorn just in from the East who steps up boldly as a dozen pairs of eyes widen.

"Why Sir!", says the clean shaven dandy, pointing at the middle of Utah's gut as he shuffles by, "You seem to be bleeding. What's wrong?"

Utah turns slowly and gives the upstart a fixed gaze, one jaundiced eye looking him up and down before stopping and seeming to bore into the man's soul.

Then with a voice barely discernible over the rustling dead leaves blowing through the open door....

.."That's where the Indian shot me", he rasps, "Wanna see where it came out?"

Aunt Jen sees Utah needs some rest and ushers him over to a chair. "What are you doing walking around like that, Utah? You know the doctor said to take it easy!"

Utah Bob doesn't want to sit. Being al Real Man, he wants to sidle up to the bar, but the effort to fight Aunt Jen takes too much effort. It's too soon after surgery, so he sits.

Aunt Jen smiles, glad she got to help.

Two tables over, someone gets up, goes to the bar, and brings a bottle to Utah.

"Thanks, Utah," he says. "We heard what you did for us."

AJ

Welcome back, Bob!

Hope the recovery is swift and complete. Meantime, enjoy yerself and let some o' these soiled doves :o wait on ya hand and foot till you're feelin' a little more chipper! :D

Utah Bob shoves the Saloon doors open and slowly limps in. Slightly bent to one side with a noticeable tic near the corner of his mouth, he makes his way toward the bar. One foot drags slightly. Shhhllllp.... thump, shlllllp... thump.

The silence is suddenly broken by some greenhorn just in from the East who steps up boldly as a dozen pairs of eyes widen.

"Why Sir!", says the clean shaven dandy, pointing at the middle of Utah's gut as he shuffles by, "You seem to be bleeding. What's wrong?"

Utah turns slowly and gives the upstart a fixed gaze, one jaundiced eye looking him up and down before stopping and seeming to bore into the man's soul.

Then with a voice barely discernible over the rustling dead leaves blowing through the open door....

.."That's where the Indian shot me", he rasps, "Wanna see where it came out?"

Utahs.. you will always be our "daisy".. we miss you when you are gone. shuffle, limp., who cares.. we love ya. brother... Hugs.. DV.. At times crying would be easier .. but not as good as feeling the strength of others in my my heart.

Archived