SASS Wire Forum

The Fastest Gun Alive

Aunt Jen

I"m glad Glenn Ford made "The Fastest Gun Alive." Looking at it, I saw several things that I liked:

I saw a long-view of the town, and it was more than just 100 yards of buildings, one on each side, with a saloon in the middle.

I saw that not everyone was wearing a gun. Nothing against guns, but I know they weren't worn all the time.

I saw people doing things that normal folks do. Not just ride into town, get a drink, stand against bad guys...

It's an old movie, but I thought it was kinda nice.

AJ

"Fastest Gun Alive".............

Lawdy Aunt Jen......

Shore as hell aint me !!!!! :lol:

Great ending. Broderick Crawford (great in Highway Patrol), was not a great cowboy,but, he was a good bad guy. Glenn Ford was good in all I remember seeing him in. The original 3:10 To Yuma, Blackboard Jungle, were some of his good ones, and he did a lot of light comedy movies.

Great ending. Broderick Crawford (great in Highway Patrol), was not a great cowboy,but, he was a good bad guy. Glenn Ford was good in all I remember seeing him in. The original 3:10 To Yuma, Blackboard Jungle, were some of his good ones, and he did a lot of light comedy movies.

Yes. I like that the town took the time to understand Glenn, and they got behind him to help put an end to the cycle.

AJ

Great flick and what Marshal Troop said about Ford being a superb horseman is right on. He was supposedly the best in Hollywood at the time. I believe he grew up on a ranch. B) Rye

I would have to say the Best Horseman in the movies was Ben Johnson! I rode with him when he was in his 70's and watched him beat alot of young cowboys in Team Penning!

"Everybody in town's a better actor than I am, but none of them can play Ben Johnson"

I"m glad Glenn Ford made "The Fastest Gun Alive." Looking at it, I saw several things that I liked:

I saw a long-view of the town, and it was more than just 100 yards of buildings, one on each side, with a saloon in the middle.

I saw that not everyone was wearing a gun. Nothing against guns, but I know they weren't worn all the time.

I saw people doing things that normal folks do. Not just ride into town, get a drink, stand against bad guys...

It's an old movie, but I thought it was kinda nice.

AJ

:blink: Would hope not...

Yup - good movie

If ya get a chance check out 'Warlock' with Hank Fonda - another great one!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I would have to say the Best Horseman in the movies was Ben Johnson! I rode with him when he was in his 70's and watched him beat alot of young cowboys in Team Penning!

"Everybody in town's a better actor than I am, but none of them can play Ben Johnson"

Jack you could not be more right. Ben Johnson (one of my favorite people) was a great cowboy, and a good sidekick actor (always liked him with John Wayne). Another cowboy was Slim Pickens. Slim was a rodeo clown and a good one at that.

I think that's why Johnson and Pickens were as successful as they were - they didn't have to act as much - they were already cowboys.

I was speaking with Harry Carey Jr. in Cody back in summer of 2000. We started talking about Ben Johnson, one of Dobie's best friends. He almost broke down when he told me Ben was the best rider since Ghengis Khan. I could'nt think of a better compliment to give a cowboy.

LL'

Archived