SASS Wire Forum

Passing of Cherokee Strip Doc

It is with a heavy heart I deliver this sad news. Devil Dawg has informed me John Schuhmacher aka Cherokee Strip Doc passed away this morning 6/22/11. I have no particulars available, I will pass them on as they become known. Please keep John's family and friends in your prayers. John was a Great Man, and a Great Friend to Devil Dawg. Dawg will miss him more than any one.

John was not flamboyant, but he was steady and could be could be counted on 24 hours aday. We all have lost a friend today, a very special friend. GOD BLESS this Soul that has been given to you.

Really hated to hear that about Doc: I really like him. Was friendly, gave great advice, and truly cared about his pards. Even would talk to you about a med prob if he knew you had one. He's gonna be missed. Was definately worthy to ride the range with. Vaya Con Dios Amiga.

I was a friend of John's right after our first conversation in early 2008. He loved the shooting of SASS matches and shooting his Buffalo rifle in the side matches. He was quite spoken and I never saw him be upset with another shooter. He was a long range rifle shooter until the health problems kept him away. John had many health problems but would push himself to finish each stage. His side kick and very good friend, Devil Dog( Dave Sansone) was there at his side to help him if he needed it or just be a buddy. Doc had many friends and will be missed by anyone who was lucky enough to have crossed his trail. I will miss the phone calls where we solved the problems of this planet. Later Fairshake

Archived