SASS Wire Forum

snap caps in NMV?

Freight Hauler

howdy, I have been dry-firing NMVs for a while. just ordered some a-zooms for the colts and rifle, should i be using them in the Rugers as well?? Maybe they would save something, or no? Thanks Guys.

Thanks Grizz, your right, couldn't hurt. I was just wondering, 'guess 'cause I'm lazy, that if'n it was worth the effort of puttin' 'em in. I have read here of broken transfer-bars,but prior to reading of that,I always thought Rugers indestructable. thanks pard.

WOW!!! Everyday? you have my utmost admiration. wish i were so disciplined, maybe I'll get there! and NO broken parts? Great! that's what I expect from Ruger. Thank you for your reply SIR.

Thanks Grizz, your right, couldn't hurt. I was just wondering, 'guess 'cause I'm lazy, that if'n it was worth the effort of puttin' 'em in. I have read here of broken transfer-bars,but prior to reading of that,I always thought Rugers indestructable. thanks pard.

I am with Grizz. It sure won't hurt anything to have them in there.

As far as the lazy about putting them in??? Just how long does it take to throw them in the gun??

Only a few seconds. If you are to lazy to do that. You will be to lazy to dry fire anyway. :huh:

I like to use them. Again. May not need them. But sure won't hurt.

Every Ruger revolver I've ever bought has come with a yellow plastic "ring" that fits over the back of the cylinder. I just slap that in when dry firing. No idea if that's its intended purpose but, it sure seems to work fine.

Every Ruger revolver I've ever bought has come with a yellow plastic "ring" that fits over the back of the cylinder. I just slap that in when dry firing. No idea if that's its intended purpose but, it sure seems to work fine.

Interesting, hadn't thought of that, does it impeed the cyl turning at all? Wonder if I still have those things...

Archived