SASS Wire Forum

Rant Thread...

Deja Vous

Slept like a baby.

Tons of peaches, and they're real good this year.

The California stone fruit crop is gonna be very bad this year. Lots of late rain and cooler than normal temperatures. A late rain almost wiped out the cherry crop in the Valley. I don't expect the peaches, apricots, and nectarines to do well. Wine grapes are taking a big hit in Napa and Sonoma.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The California stone fruit crop is gonna be very bad this year. Lots of late rain and cooler than normal temperatures. A late rain almost wiped out the cherry crop in the Valley. I don't expect the peaches, apricots, and nectarines to do well. Wine grapes are taking a big hit in Napa and Sonoma.

That is bad news, Joe. Been cool and wet all spring and now summer. I think it is summer.

Highs in the 60s and rain does not look like summer. Most of the fruit here comes from the east side of the Cascades. I do not know about the crops but the first cherry vendors are showing up here in the woods.

Bings (not Bling, Whiskey Girl) are in, apparently. I have not seen the Rainiers advertised yet.

When my cherry trees were in full bloom, the Mason bees were in full hibernations.

Then when the Apple blossoms came in, right on time the First of May, VERY FEW BEES.

I have not seen a honey bee in several years. So looks like Badger's fruit farm is in deep doo doo.

I was hoping for a nice apple pie from Momma this fall, but I see only a few fruit bulbs on the

apple trees. Might have to drive down to Jawja and get me some :)PEACHES!

Did I mention that I like PEACHES!

Think the Raniers got shipped to GA. Came across some last weekend at the farmers market. They were real good. (gone now) Like Bings too.

Nother unusual thing they had, key limes. Got a bag of those, going to make a key lime pie this weekend.

Lady, you are killing me here. Key Lime PIE?

Did you say Key Lime Pie.

The other day you mentioned that you fixed Bucky a LEMON MERiNGUE PIE.

Now what about a cherry pie? Maybe I need to talk to my wife about that. Hmmmm.

Did I mention that I like PEACHES!

Nectarines and plums tie for first on my list, but peaches are not far behind. You should try making a nectarine upside down cake sometime. Good stuff, Maynard.

Schoolmarm picked a mess of blackberries the other day an' whipped u pone of her inch and a half thick blackberry pies. That 'n' some vanilla ice cream shorely made my day!! :wub::P:P

Ok, folks, you read it here, first. All you folks with musical talent, get out the bow and rosin and and all them other fine instruments. We'll find some chairs for sitting under the big oak tree over yonder.

Chickasaw, get the ice in the coolers. We are gonna need lottsa ice and some cold beer and soft drinks, sody water to those that know the difference.

Got some fresh lemons for the lemonade. Sweet Tea. Gonna need some sweet tea.

You bakers can put the cakes and pies on the table over yonder. Got the pit fire going with the hickory logs for the Bar B Q.

We got another table, or three for the covered dishes and casseroles. Spmebody put some paper plates and eating utinsels out and don't forget the linen paper napkins. :)

Some of you fellows give a hand with these planks and we can put in a dance floor for later on this evening.

Whey. Now that we got all that fun stuff done, let us all bow our heads and give thanks to our MAKER for good family, good friends and all the blessings in our lives. Amen.

Yep. My Grandparents had one too. I went to a family reunion a few years back. It just happened that the

Ebenezer picnic was the same week end. Most of the family went out on Saturday afternoon and evening for the social and then attended Church services on Sunday. Minnesota Rose was there and we had a great time.

They had a cake walk with something like a dozen or so cakes and our family won all but one of the cakes.

I was not sure that they would let us come to services the next morning.

It was great fun. I got to talk with some of the old timers that remembered my family. Some great people in our heartland. :)

Archived