SASS Wire Forum

Time For Some Classical Music

Subdeacon Joe

I'm sorry, Being a classically trained musician, I thought this is what you had in mind:

:P:D:lol:

Well, for that I would have gone this route:

Maybe more like this classical.

That is OK for Modern Classical. ;)

Here's the real deal, as performed by my cousin Bill Carter's group. He's the bald guy, second from the right.

Here's the real deal, as performed by my cousin Bill Carter's group. He's the bald guy, second from the right.

Wow! Very, very nice, Greg. Although it looks like your cousin needs to do some work on his guitar - I think it's Baroque. :lol:

Being a 40-ish Alabama country boy that don't like country music, my idea of 'classical' music is a mite different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1iR2Wi3u5o

:P:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

EDIT

Please note that it has the perfect (for me) combination of an amped up blues band AND bagpipes!! :wub:

I grew up learning to play bluegrass guitar, but my teenage years were spent bangin' my head to AC/DC. :rolleyes:

I guess I have to post my guitar hero here though.....Tony Rice.

There's a "few" other good pickers on that tune too....Sam Bush, Bela Fleck, Mark O'Connor and Jerry Douglas.... ^_^

Chick

Please note that it has the perfect (for me) combination of an amped up blues band AND bagpipes!! :wub:

The PROPER CLASSICAL use of bagpipes in rock and roll! All thats missing is a cowbell.

Listening to this song while driving on the interstate is one day going to get me the 'mother' of all speeding tickets.

Thanks Smuteye John

Tull

Being a 40-ish Alabama country boy that don't like country music, my idea of 'classical' music is a mite different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1iR2Wi3u5o

:P:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

EDIT

=================================================

Here's the one I play in my car at full volume and with the windows down when D.C.'s rush hour is crawling at 5 MPH:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBjEmFLL5Gk

Nope, for me that was Skynyrd's Innyrds. Worth Co, GA, on some little 2 lane state road out in the middle of nowhere. I keep my Lynyrd Skynyrd selections limited to Gimme 3 Steps, Freebird and Sweet Home Alabama on roadtrips now.

We won't even discuss how fast I went across LA (that's Louisiana, not Los Angeles or Lower Alabama) on vacation while listening to the SRV box set.

Archived