SASS Wire Forum

Turn about..

The little Lady and I took a drive down Hwy. 14 to Edgewood yesterday, I needed to pick up some shotshells in Albuquerque as well as pick up my shooter's packet for EOT..At Founder's Ranch we had a look around (looks like it's going to be a FUN week! :D ) and checked out a few of the vendor's stores..I found a set of dust covers for my rifle and shotgun I have discovered is essential gear for this part of the country and then walked into Redwing Trading's tent..

To make a long story short I walked out with a Redwing Screwknife, something I've wanted for years..Of course the little Lady asked how much it was and of course I answered honestly.."You paid HOW much for that? And you're only going to use it at shoots?" I explained how important a Screwknife could be in case of a jam and Redwing made the bestest Screwknives ever..She was cool about it but didn't seem quite convinced.. :mellow:

Soooooo, ol' Doc just fell back and bided his time.. ;)

After some looking around, my Sweetie found herself a new dress, top, and really cute little lace shawl thingie with matching lace cuff thingies..I told her they looked really great on her, (which they did) let her pay for them, and then I made my move.. :ph34r:

"Nice outfit Honey" says I, "But you're only going to wear it to shoots!?"

She got a good chuckle out of that one..I'm such a lucky guy! :wub:

Redwing makes some REALLY NICE STUFF. At an annual two years ago I fell in love with a really nice knife, had a bear carved into an antler handle. Wanted to get that and a screwknife, couldn't afford either one then, still can't. Maybe someday. At least I'm still able to scratch together enough to shoot monthlies and an annual a time or two a year, that gets me by.

Doc, keep us updated and tell us stories. That's as close as alot of us are going to get this year, or maybe ever to EOT.

Grizz

Howdy Grizz,

I'll not be around the computer much this week, we're ridin' out of Los Alamos this morning and I'll be "computerless"..I'll update Y'all on the highlights when I get back to L.A..I'm under no illusions about winning anything, I just want to stay safe, have fun, and mebbe with a lot of luck hit all the targets in order.. :P

Actually we can't really afford EOT from a practical point of view, but right now I'm living just up the road from Founder's Ranch and I may be living somewhere else next year..It would be a shame to be living practically next door to EOT and miss it..Who knows what next year will bring? :unsure:

I'll be sure to tell Redwing howdy for ya, he and his Missus are fine folks! :D

Archived