SASS Wire Forum

cost of Uberti

Trigger Mike

Okay...

I have a couple of pards who have 'em. They've enjoyed the heck out of 'em; however, keep in mind that lacking a topstrap they won't be as robust as an SAA. Things WILL loosen up a bit, or so the pards experienced.

That said, overall they've been happy with 'em. And remember... NO +P loads!

Dunno what a fair price would be. But heck, if ya like it, go for it~! ^_^

Okay...

I have a couple of pards who have 'em. They've enjoyed the heck out of 'em; however, keep in mind that lacking a topstrap they won't be as robust as an SAA. Things WILL loosen up a bit, or so the pards experienced.

That said, overall they've been happy with 'em. And remember... NO +P loads!

Dunno what a fair price would be. But heck, if ya like it, go for it~! ^_^

so they will eventually malfunction sooner than a SAA?

I shoot Open Tops and posed a same or similar question to Nate Kiowa Jones (Steve Young). His response was one I'll always remember: "If it had been a perfect design, we'd have never gotten the Peacemaker." :)

Chick

I shoot Open Tops and posed a same or similar question to Nate Kiowa Jones (Steve Young). His response was one I'll always remember: "If it had been a perfect design, we'd have never gotten the Peacemaker." :)

Chick

:lol:

that is a good answer

So...? :rolleyes:

Enjoy it... and if it breaks... fix it! ^_^

how does the shorter barrel version shoot when compared with the 8 inch barrelled gun? I have a Man with no name 8 inch gun, and want a second 38 but don't know how the shorter barrell balances when fired. The 8 inched one balances really well.

how does the shorter barrel version shoot when compared with the 8 inch barrelled gun? I have a Man with no name 8 inch gun, and want a second 38 but don't know how the shorter barrell balances when fired. The 8 inched one balances really well.

While mine are Open Tops, they really aren't that much different than conversions. Mine are 4 3/4" barrels, and I find them to balance very well -- at least I can't find any fault with the balance and I've shot '51's with 7 1/2 barrels before. Probably the biggest difference the average shooter will have gettin' used to them is your hammer notch is your rear sight. You can't even see the front sight until you cock it because of the hammer. I started out with these Open Tops, so I didn't have a "learning curve" to go through. That's the way it's always been for me, so I didn't have to "adapt."

I've said this before though -- I don't own another gun which shoots as accurately. That includes semi-auto's etc. When I got mine, I benched them on my little backyard range. I simply took some soapstone and put a cross in the middle of one of the steel targets, sat down in a chair with a table and a bag of shot (hey, I didn't have a sandbag! :) ). My first three shots all touched and blotted out the cross hair I put on the target. The bad thing, of course, is if I miss, I can't blame my guns..... :lol: I benched these at 20 yards.

Hope this helps.

Chick

When I wass looking last year they ran over $450. I bought one used with the 8 inch barrel. Shot it in one match. Probably going to selel it as I am not shooting much these days. I'd take $400 for it with a slim jim holster.

Russ

that is not a bad offer. Now I am trying to decide if I should go with the shorter barrell or just stay with what I know works.

Archived