SASS Wire Forum

Beretta Storm

Cash Duckett

I have a good friend who is looking for a new handgun for him and his wife. They like the Beretta PX4Storm in 9mm. Does anyone have any experiences with one? Any problems? I have never held one.

Thanks,

Cash

I have a good friend who is looking for a new handgun for him and his wife. They like the Beretta PX4Storm in 9mm. Does anyone have any experiences with one? Any problems? I have never held one.

Thanks,

Cash

I have one, DA version. I love it. I have put a fair number of rounds through it, and I haven't had a problem yet. Recoil is a little snappy, but controlable. The adjustable grip strap is a help too.

I considered the compact Storm, Glock 27 and S&W M&P 40c when purchasing my last concealed carry gun. I chose the S&W just because I got the chance to shoot all three and was much more accurate (for whatever reason) with it. Going in, I would've probably bought the Glock.

The Storm was a good piece, but (1) I liked the feel of the S&W better; (2) the Storm was a bit heavier (but not much); (3) the Storm "snapped" a bit under recoil; and (4) the slide seemed really stiff compared to the other two.

Shoot it (and anything else that might fill the bill) and get what works for you.

Chick

Call me old school, but I love having that hammer hanging back there for me, so that I can pull it back and shoot single action if I'm of a mind to.

Archived