SASS Wire Forum

Flood

Noz

All of the hoopla about the Missouri, Illinois and south Flood.

Nebraska is about to sink as well.

https://picasaweb.google.com/104592539075472798431/TheGreatMissouriRiverFloodOf2011?authkey=Gv1sRgCLLaoO7rm_qp1AE#

The Dakotas as well!

Just like it has been doing for centuries. I do not mean to overlook the loss of home, property and even life.

My heart goes out to those that suffer from flood or weather or what ever nature throws at us.

But the mere truth is that this rivers have been flooding for a very long time before man was even on the horizon. It seems that just recently the "news media" has discovered this.

In the case of the Missouri river, same old story. The ice and snow melt in the Rockies, water comes down the Missouri and joins the Mississippi and Ohio rivers and then goes out to sea.

I am certain that unless another hot news story come along to push it out of the headlines, in the near term, we will see more journalism on the floods in the Mississippi below St. Louis and Memphis and on down the river, as the waters proceed.

I feel for those folks. They're dealin' with all that water.....we just got a thunderstorm 15 minutes ago.....first rain we've had in over 2 months. :rolleyes: Wildfires, burn bans, dry...dry...dry.

I think it's all Al Gore's fault.....he invented the internet....or global warming....or something..... :lol:

Chick

Yep, Pierre and Ft. Pierre got 2 more inches of rain last night and staren down possibly another 3 today. They shut the storm drains to prevent back flow past the emergency levees they built. Course now the water won't go out so they are using everything they have to get the rain water out. Basicly I-29 is shut down south of Sioux City Iowa. The alternate route is I-35, 170 miles east if you're up near Sioux Falls. Best guestimate from the ACE is it will be like that till the end of July early August. If your planning on going cross country on I-80 or up 29 through these areas during that time frame plan accordingly.

Around my hometown, if it ain't flooded then the plants/grasses are pretty much brown due to lack of rain water.

Farmers can't win for losing, and our home garden is taking more water from the hose than I wish it was.

Archived