SASS Wire Forum

Laylow Curly Tribute

My sincere thanks to the Cajon Cowboys and especially JJ Johnson and Calamity Candy for helping to bring this event off as a rousing success!

We had a fantastic weekend at a great range shooting BP at night night and a great shooting event.

Our fearful leader, Laylow Curly, would have been proud! (O.K. he was proud as he was there with us I am sure...)

Congrats to Left Paw Mcgraw as winner fro the smokeless category, and to Marshall Phil DeGrave as winner in the BP category!

For those that could not make it, here are a few photos....

"Tribute" at Cajon Cowboys

Thanx again...

P.S. Try ta guess which pic is MY favorite.....

AND the photo wit the cigar.... she was holding it fer someone else!

P.S. Try ta guess which pic is MY favorite.....

I am guessing #31!! Nothing quite like a lovely lady showing up a divine sunset with a ball of flame erupting from her scattergun!!

Yup, the one with fire and smoke belching out of the long gun and a pretty lady showing her teeth, dunno if that's a smile, or a 'take that' sneer.

As for the cigar, don't make no never mind to me if a lady wants to smoke a cigar.

Great pics, thanks for sharing them with us.

Grizz

I am guessing #31!! Nothing quite like a lovely lady showing up a divine sunset with a ball of flame erupting from her scattergun!!

Yep, that be it, followed closely by #88

Deja tried so hard to avoid that photo....

JJ(I love a challenge)J-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

Yep, that be it, followed closely by #88

Deja tried so hard to avoid that photo....

JJ(I love a challenge)J-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

A challenge? Really well I have not begun to challege you yet... lol... Geesh.. I am not smoking a cigar darn it... that is someone elses, and I am running for office.. lol.. JJJ"s a challenge indeed....

Ethans.. come on clear this up for me... It was not my cigar... huh? Geesh.. gosh JJJ"s is going to pay for this..

A challenge? Really well I have not begun to challege you yet... lol... Geesh.. I am not smoking a cigar darn it... that is someone elses, and I am running for office.. lol.. JJJ"s a challenge indeed....

SHORE IT IS DEJA !!!! :blink:

Dat was dat story I told my folks when I got busted "holdin' someone else's joint in my hand !"

Just don't have a clue as to why Dad didn't buy dat story ?? :wacko:

Deja, see what happens when you help out a pard?

Deja is telling the truth, the cigar was not hers.

She also has the best DAMMIT name I have heard to date......... :lol:

Ethans.. come on clear this up for me... It was not my cigar... huh? Geesh.. gosh JJJ"s is going to pay for this..

DV

You got the cigar as a prize for the run in with the HOT brass in a delacate spot .

Make sure you are not canting the rifle , cuasing the brass to shuck that way .

CB

Chicks... I have changed a bit.. lol.. I can say Dammit now without a stutter.. lol... And yeah, I have two burns.. one is a blister going down.. and the other is a actual open burn with a red area but that one is a bit to low to show off.. lol. The rifle was fun, Curlys.. and I could never get angry with anyone over a burn mark when I was having so darn much fun shooting their gun.. lol.. I think I will stick with a Marlin.. lol... I am not a HOT BRASS kinda gal.. lol...

SHORE IT IS DEJA !!!! :blink:

Dat was dat story I told my folks when I got busted "holdin' someone else's joint in my hand !"

Just don't have a clue as to why Dad didn't buy dat story ?? :wacko:

Apaches.. I grew up in a smaller community and in the Nam era we were still trying out banana peels .. lol... So, you gotta believe me the cigar is not mine.. I was holding it for a friend.. lol. JJJ's is a trouble maker.. lol.... Actually he is a tease that will not go away no matter what punishment I bestow upon him.. lol.. At times I feel like he reads my mind and I read his cuz we are so much alike.. other times like the cigar time I am so distracted he catches me.. cuz I am not thining.. I am blabbering.. lol.. I had the fine pleasure of chatting with Etahn and while he was a bit loaded.. lol... we talked about shooting, and his wife. .. it was sweet.. I love cowboys cuz they are true to their women.. if they were not.. well, they would not be Cowboys would they? Gosh it was so much fun.. I had the best time...

Deja, see what happens when you help out a pard?

Deja is telling the truth, the cigar was not hers.

She also has the best DAMMIT name I have heard to date......... :lol:

OkAY.. STOP IT YOU GUYS.. LOL. I think your name is pretty darn good.. lol.. Come on spill it.. lol

JJJs.. SASS Brother.. it was a hot brass, BP, Smokeless, kinda shoot.. lol.. I so enjoyed it.. thanks for puting up with a nut in your powder room... lol.. powder as in reloading.. lol.. Y'all have to understand..... JJJ"s has helped me reload since I moved out here.. and what happens in the reloading room.. stays there.. lol.. Truth is he is very good... I need work.. lol.. And he is helping me a great deal so someday I TOO .. can reload without a guy going "oh man I can't believe that".. lol

Pictures one thru 9 were my favorites.. lol.. Cuz i took them of my favorite BP shooter..lol.. I wish I knew more about film and cameras but that is JJJ's arena.. I point and click.. My strong suit is just having fun.. his is being JJJ's a pal to everyone. Oh, gosh darn it time for more Aloe.. lol.. What a shoot.. I think I now live in fantasty land... A place where someone understand me and likes me even when i am so far past crazy that they should check me in someplace... lol... DV Dammit..

Totin' gunz and smokin' ceegars!?!?! :blink: DADGUM!!

Hellfire, Boys!! I think Deja's got more grit than me!

And I chew a can of Copenhagen a day......Sometimes two!

:ph34r:

She's gonna wanna whoop me fer this!!

~EE Taft~

Totin' gunz and smokin' ceegars!?!?! :blink: DADGUM!!

Hellfire, Boys!! I think Deja's got more grit than me!

And I chew a can of Copenhagen a day......Sometimes two!

She's gonna wanna whoop me fer this!!

~EE Taft~

EE's are you crazy??? lol... You know you are considering a move closer to me, that could be so dangerous.. lol. That cigar was not mine.... the guns are ... and I do not chew don't even start that rumor.. lol.. JJJ's.. I just wish I could keep up with getting even with you... I am taking my camera to shoots now... you are going to be the new "2011 Pin up Cowboy" for the Sass Saloon... In fact, I am taking down the necked lady picture above the bar, and you are going to be framed over and over.. I promise you.. I will have lots of help from others in this "mission" ...lol... I simply dont have enough photos of you yet "dear"... lol... Grit... yikes... another rumor starting.. I dont have grit I am not EVER going to wear and eye patch...... lol

EE's are you crazy??? lol... You know you are considering a move closer to me, that could be so dangerous.. lol. That cigar was not mine.... the guns are ... and I do not chew don't even start that rumor.. lol.. JJJ's.. I just wish I could keep up with getting even with you... I am taking my camera to shoots now... you are going to be the new "2011 Pin up Cowboy" for the Sass Saloon... In fact, I am taking down the necked lady picture above the bar, and you are going to be framed over and over.. I promise you.. I will have lots of help from others in this "mission" ...lol... I simply dont have enough photos of you yet "dear"... lol... Grit... yikes... another rumor starting.. I dont have grit I am not EVER going to wear and eye patch...... lol

Ya chew too?!?!!??! :blink: DADGUM!!

She's so tough she took off the eye patch and ate it......raw!

:lol::lol::lol:

Now c'mon, yer gonna have to get back at me fer that'un!

~EE (slithering back under his rock) Taft~

Seriously though, the pics look great and it looks like y'all had a great time in memory of a great Cowboy.....

.....Even though Deja took up a few bad habits! ^_^

~EE Taft~

Hey Deja, when yer done with that big brass spitoon, slide it over my way. :D

OkAY.. STOP IT YOU GUYS.. LOL. I think your name is pretty darn good.. lol.. Come on spill it.. lol

Well I did not think I had earned a Dammit name yet, but our illustrious Marshal Phil seems to have posted something on the DG website. I guess someone will have to fill me in..........DAMMIT, I hate when I can't remember all the fun I had the night before! :rolleyes:

At least I didn't wake up wearing someone else's clothes! :lol:

Ya chew too?!?!!??! :blink: DADGUM!!

She's so tough she took off the eye patch and ate it......raw!

:lol::lol::lol:

Now c'mon, yer gonna have to get back at me fer that'un!

~EE (slithering back under his rock) Taft~

EE''s... I fed your Saloon Master Card to the horse last night... So much for chew and booze ... and guns ... and guitars.. lol

Seriously though, the pics look great and it looks like y'all had a great time in memory of a great Cowboy.....

.....Even though Deja took up a few bad habits! ^_^

~EE Taft~

Hey Deja, when yer done with that big brass spitoon, slide it over my way. :D

Nah I am heating it up so I can toss it down my blouse too... lol... Darn Curley Coles.. anyhow.. lol

Well I did not think I had earned a Dammit name yet, but our illustrious Marshal Phil seems to have posted something on the DG website. I guess someone will have to fill me in..........DAMMIT, I hate when I can't remember all the fun I had the night before! :rolleyes:

At least I didn't wake up wearing someone else's clothes! :lol:

No, we put yours back on after we were done with ya.. you don't remember the drag costume?? lol

EE''s... I fed your Saloon Master Card to the horse last night... So much for chew and booze ... and guns ... and guitars.. lol

Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:blink:

:D

That's Ok........BMC loaned me his card!

No, we put yours back on after we were done with ya.. you don't remember the drag costume?? lol

Doggone!

That musta been some party!

see how they are?? that's why I left early.

Dunt let her fool ya-- Purdy shur I saw her stick that cigar between her teeth even if she dint puff on it :lol:

Hey Ethan,

Remember Burt Reynolds and Sally Fields in Smokey and The Bandit? He told Sally he only takes his hat off for two things. One of them was for a bath.

Well Pard, there weren't no water out at the range. I noticed you didn't have your hat on the next day. :blink:

I'm just saying....... :lol:

Hey Ethan,

Remember Burt Reynolds and Sally Fields in Smokey and The Bandit? He told Sally he only takes his hat off for two things. One of them was for a bath.

Well Pard, there weren't no water out at the range. I noticed you didn't have your hat on the next day. :blink:

I'm just saying....... :lol:

Now this really makes me nervous, Especially after Deja's story:

Yikes!!! :o

Now this really makes me nervous, Especially after Deja's story:

Yikes!!! :o

I can lose the pictures for a small fee, er, contribution, to my favorite charity of course... :huh:

"Community Action Stops Hudlums", just use the initials on the check ;)

JJJ-D

:ph34r::ph34r:

Finally we hear from the responsbile for the filming.. So, Ethan.. the photos are not horrible ones .. but the video that JJJ's is preparing for UTUBE now that one is breath taking.. lol.. You might want to consider his offer.. lol I like the one with the pink heels and dirty plastic shot glass best.. lol

DV

The next time it happens , I will be more than happy to fish out the offending brass for ya .

Might have to cool it off with a splash or two of cold water first .

CB

Gee thanks so much Chicks... I wished at that moment I had ice cubes,.. those were so nice in MO on a hot summers day out shooting.. but this was hotter than that.. lol

We have to do a lot more of these BP/smokeless shoots out there in Cajohn country.. lol.. JJJ's can you and Marshal Phil plan a few of these for me.. I would help, but you know me I am busy working on my tan lines with Rat Dog.. lol

Archived