SASS Wire Forum

Flag Etiquette

Bama Red

:FlagAm: I just got a dual flagstaff (one on each side of the license plate).

Viewed from the rear, which side does the American flag go on? I visited a flag etiquette site, and it seems that it would go on the left. Am I right?? :FlagAm:

Well, now it gets complicated - in small print on the bracket installation instructions, it says that the US flag goes on the "brake" side of the bike. This would be the right side of the bike, as seen standing at the rear of the bike looking forward!

I reckon I'll accept this as final, unless proven otherwise! (How's that for leaving some wiggle room?) :)

Flag Placement On Motorcycles Flag Code Explained

If only the US Flag is on your bike, it should either be at the center, or to its "marching right" - on the right side of the motorcycle to the rider's perspective when facing forward.

US Flag And One Other Flag Of Any Type

If the US Flag is on your bike with another, it should be to its "marching right" - on the right side of the motorcycle to the rider's perspective. If the other flag is that of another nation, it should be the same size and at the same height of the US Flag - NO flag should ever be displayed higher than the US Flag.

Flag Etiquette

Well, now it gets complicated - in small print on the bracket installation instructions, it says that the US flag goes on the "brake" side of the bike. This would be the right side of the bike, as seen standing at the rear of the bike looking forward!

OK, that makes sense. As if you are carrying the flags in a parade, rather than holding them facing people. I stand corrected.

Archived