SASS Wire Forum

Why do birds...

Grizzly Dave

"Lead Pigeon to Bomber....clear target ahead....look for clean and shiney."

"Roger, Lead Pigeon....target in sight....steady.....steady.....steady....and bombs away!"

"Lead Pigeon to Bomber.....great shooting! But, now watch your tail feathers....enemy retaliating with anti-pigeon fire."

They're buzzards and you're......

Cass Elliot and Karen Carpenrer,.............. and Anne Murray and Nancy Wilson and you can't forget Annie Lenox!! That would be five of a kind to play anywhere! :wub::wub::blush:

Cass Elliot and Karen Carpenrer,.............. and Anne Murray and Nancy Wilson and you can't forget Annie Lenox!! That would be five of a kind to play anywhere! :wub::wub::blush:

Very good taste! I have especially always been amazed by Annie Lenox. Her voice is amazing.

And while we're asking questions, why do fools fall in love?

Anne Murray singing "Snowbird" is one of my all time favorites.

Both Karen and Momma Cass succumbed to food problems.

Karen was the one who made my youthful heart do flip flops, and that was even before seeing her on TV. A tragic ending for sure.

Alison Kraus could also be in that group of five, now six, as having one of the purest voices ever to grace an album.

Alison Kraus could also be in that group of five, now six, as having one of the purest voices ever to grace an album.

Well, if you add Alison Kraus (and I agree, she has a wonderful voice), you have to add Emmylou Harris too! There is something almost ethereal about her voice that just... wow.

Agreed, but Mama Cass Elliot was a close second.

She was also a pretty darn good drummer!B) Rye

If you go for rock.. Ann Wilsons sister nancy is good too.. but I loved the old stuff.. like Patsy Cline, Rosemary Clooney, Billie Holiday one of my all time favorites.. ahh.. The music was old, but my grandmother made sure I heard it and knew it by heart.. lol

Lady singers. Wow, of the 50's? Be still my heart!

Kitty Kallen, Joni james, Patti Page, Jo Stafford, The Andrews Sisters, The McGuire Sisters, the Lennon Sisters.

Then there was Theresa Brewer and Doris Day. I musta had a hormone problem in those days. :lol:

Lady singers. Wow, of the 50's? Be still my heart!

Kitty Kallen, Joni james, Patti Page, Jo Stafford, The Andrews Sisters, The McGuire Sisters, the Lennon Sisters.

Then there was Theresa Brewer and Doris Day. I musta had a hormone problem in those days. :lol:

Oh.. yes!!!!!!!!!!! BMCS.. I rarely talk about this cuz people think I am crazy,.. but I love the eras gone by... Frank and Perry... and the old Mongomery blue grass... Okay fine they were guys... lol.. but that era the music was romantic, sweet, innocent, and it has substance. Voices were good, not just miked up or amped up .. or made louder... Threseas Brewer what a power house... wow... I like music, love country and jazz and some classical and classic rock.. but that era was my favorite.. because it was about a time I feel so close to. The tennesee waltz, oh... man All by myself.. and all right okay you win.. lol.. Geesh.. the lyrics is what I loved. I loved Jilted Lover.. and true confession here.. lol.. You send me.. I love that song and the lyrics... I am a silly romantic at heart I guess.. and yeah.. tell your wife I am not hitting on you.. i am Deja.. the sappy silly kid.. lol You guys are so sweet to me.. thanks for that.. and thanks for being so true to your wives,... it says a lot about cowboys to me... and gives me faith in mankind.. over and over again.. lol.. Wives may not get it.,. but the best part about cowboys is they take on other women as "little sisters" ... I love that.. hence why I cling to the "old world" so much... I like honest, sweet brothers like you BMCS.. hey, how is willies.. and MN Roses??? Will you give them a hug for me.. I miss them..

If you go for rock.. Ann Wilsons sister nancy is good too.. but I loved the old stuff.. like Patsy Cline, Rosemary Clooney, Billie Holiday one of my all time favorites.. ahh.. The music was old, but my grandmother made sure I heard it and knew it by heart.. lol

Two of my first records, 78's, were This Old House and Hey There both by Rosemary Clooney.

Also had Hound Dog and Love Me Tender on the flip side, also a 78 rpm, by What's His Name. :lol:

Oh.. yes!!!!!!!!!!! BMCS.. I rarely talk about this cuz people think I am crazy,.. but I love the eras gone by... Frank and Perry... and the old Mongomery blue grass... Okay fine they were guys... lol.. but that era the music was romantic, sweet, innocent, and it has substance. Voices were good, not just miked up or amped up .. or made louder... Threseas Brewer what a power house... wow... I like music, love country and jazz and some classical and classic rock.. but that era was my favorite.. because it was about a time I feel so close to. The tennesee waltz, oh... man All by myself.. and all right okay you win.. lol.. Geesh.. the lyrics is what I loved. I loved Jilted Lover.. and true confession here.. lol.. You send me.. I love that song and the lyrics... I am a silly romantic at heart I guess.. and yeah.. tell your wife I am not hitting on you.. i am Deja.. the sappy silly kid.. lol You guys are so sweet to me.. thanks for that.. and thanks for being so true to your wives,... it says a lot about cowboys to me... and gives me faith in mankind.. over and over again.. lol.. Wives may not get it.,. but the best part about cowboys is they take on other women as "little sisters" ... I love that.. hence why I cling to the "old world" so much... I like honest, sweet brothers like you BMCS.. hey, how is willies.. and MN Roses??? Will you give them a hug for me.. I miss them..

LOL, I guess I am just a romantic old fool. I grew up with warm starry summer nights with fireflies and crickets. Small town and with not a lot to do on a warm starry summer night. Sit and listen to the radio

with a special girl or a group of friends, and watch the river boats going up and down the Mississippi.

Willie is on the road this week. He is over in Montana again. I think he is trying to make a move to set up

his TIPI over there.

Minnesota Rose is doing ok, as far as I know. I keep trying to get her to come out for a visit but she has a

new love interest in Minnesota so I don't know.

Y'know.most of the women we've seen mentioned here can't be REAL singers. I mean, look at the facts:

they have great voices

they sing lyrics that can be understood

they don't have outrageous tattoos

only their ears are noticeably pierced

they don't dress ridiculously

the aren't so loud your teeth crack while listening to them

they don't use silly gimmicks to catch attention

Nope, they just can't be REAL entertainers at all.

I'd like to find some more just like them.

Me too, Forty Rod. I am really getting tired of the tattooed ladies everywhere.

I saw a woman in the store yesterday that looked like a billboard.

Geeeezzzz lady, can't you find a better way to draw attention to yourself than looking like a bill board.

How about a personality? That might work.

Y'know.most of the women we've seen mentioned here can't be REAL singers. I mean, look at the facts:

they have great voices

they sing lyrics that can be understood

they don't have outrageous tattoos

only their ears are noticeably pierced

they don't dress ridiculously

the aren't so loud your teeth crack while listening to them

they don't use silly gimmicks to catch attention

Nope, they just can't be REAL entertainers at all.

I'd like to find some more just like them.

You got that right, Forty!! If some of these we see today are entertainers, I've seen and heard better and better lookin' in bad strip joints!! Just sayin'!!

Did someone say Alison Krauss? :wub:

I've played bluegrass since I wuz a lil boy and I've been in awe of her voice since I was in HS.

Chick

Folks

Let's not forget Charlie McClain back in the 80s , She had a great voice .

CB

Saw Charlie McClain and Mickey Gilley when dey toured overseas post.

I was one of 13 Army pukes on a Navy base !!

She sung "Let me be yur Baby" and Gilley sang, "I'm the one Mama warned you about !!"

She is great !!

Anyone know whar I can git some of her cd's ? :unsure:

Allie,

First I've heard of lucky bird poop!

Natural lube.....da's da ticket !!

LOL, I guess I am just a romantic old fool. I grew up with warm starry summer nights with fireflies and crickets. Small town and with not a lot to do on a warm starry summer night. Sit and listen to the radio

with a special girl or a group of friends, and watch the river boats going up and down the Mississippi.

Willie is on the road this week. He is over in Montana again. I think he is trying to make a move to set up

his TIPI over there.

Minnesota Rose is doing ok, as far as I know. I keep trying to get her to come out for a visit but she has a

new love interest in Minnesota so I don't know.

A new love interest... does he shoot? And man does this make like 5 for here and me 0... lol... Gosh I live wrong.. Okay tell her to send me the name of her toilet water.. that has to be it.. lol.. Cant be cuz I am sappy silly.. lol

Montana.. really.. why there? pretty state, cold.. hey is he going to start up one of those "ranches" with weapons and stuff that hide out up in the MT and WY area? lol

I had an advantage when I was little. My brothers and sisters were older so I got to hear their music so I was interested in all the sounds. So I would listen to my Dads and my grandmothers and theirs... I liked country, still do and I pretty much have been country and never have I once been cool.. lol.. Except in January in Michigan.. lol...

Archived