SASS Wire Forum

Why do men...

Sun Dear,

He's got all the tools he needs for woodworking and gun work, including wood and metal lathes. I don't even have a Serger. :rolleyes:

Now, I'd like some cheese. ;)

Regards,

Allie Mo

Beggin' yer pardon, M'am. A man can never have enough tools.

There two facets to that statement.

1. Always use the correct tool for a specific job.

2. The correct tool leads to a more satisfactory completion of the job at hand.

Which leads me to the queston, "What is a Serger?"

Beggin' yer pardon, M'am. A man can never have enough tools.

There two facets to that statement.

1. Always use the correct tool for a specific job.

2. The correct tool leads to a more satisfactory completion of the job at hand.

Which leads me to the queston, "What is a Serger?"

See post #29.

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195

Just curious, what is a Serger?

its something my daughter, Ruthless Ruthie, uses to make her beautiful SASS outfits

Hey BMC!

Have you seen this photo? I certainly think he has a grinder for every job...

Joe has the definition of a Serger for you. I did get an embroidery machine. Coyote Cap gave it to me. :wub:

Regards,

Allie Mo

He certainly has some machines that utilize high speed wheel attachments, but except for the sanders, those are tools to maintain tools. Without a doubt, there should be no tool at your house that need sharpening, wire brush cleaned, buffed or honed. We need more pictures of the wood working equipment. You know, radial arm saws, compound miter saws, biscuit joiners, plainers, table saws, routers, drill presses, belt sanders, orbital sanders, skill saws, sawsalls and pneumatic tools. If you can, can you provide pictures of the same items that were made for left handed people. ;)

Thanks in advance

Sun

Hey BMC!

Joe has the definition of a Serger for you. I did get an embroidery machine. Coyote Cap gave it to me. :wub:

Regards,

Allie Mo

Looks like he was re-arranging and is/was preparing to start construction on a shelve.

Allie, I have to remind BlueJeans many times, each tool has its purpose, and one can never have enough tools, or when the moment comes have the proper tools. Sometimes projects call for specialize tools, which may take weeks, months, and even years to be made or acquired.

I caught BlueJeans years ago, using my combination handsaw, and trimming tree branches, using my screwdrivers as chisels on her landscape rocks, or as crowbars. I have since bought her a set of tools, and add to it periodically.

MT

He certainly has some machines that utilize high speed wheel attachments, but except for the sanders, those are tools to maintain tools. Without a doubt, there should be no tool at your house that need sharpening, wire brush cleaned, buffed or honed. We need more pictures of the wood working equipment. You know, radial arm saws, compound miter saws, biscuit joiners, plainers, table saws, routers, drill presses, belt sanders, orbital sanders, skill saws, sawsalls and pneumatic tools. If you can, can you provide pictures of the same items that were made for left handed people. ;)

Thanks in advance

Sun

Dear Sun,

He has all of those! Until we moved he had three drill presses. :rolleyes: Oh, he bought one of several orbital sanders (years ago) and a pneumatic staple gun (this month) for me. :lol: I am the "refinisher" and "upholsterer" in the family. I will reupholster my first piece of furniture soon. That is after I finish painting the outside of the house...

Harrumph, he's got an Allie Do list. I finished mowing about three acres again yesterday.

Regards,

Allie Mo

OK, here's the explanation. Please pay attention, the quiz is next Tuesday.

It's genetic...males have one "X" and one "Y" chromosome whereas females have 2 "X" chromosomes. The multitasking gene (known as MTG) is found in a specific region of the "X" and males have only one of these genes, whereas females have two copies. The MTG codes for a protein called "Aroundtuit" that acts on various areas of the brain to stimulate humans to, well, get around to it. Females produce twice as much Aroundtuit as do males. Some activities, such as vacuuming, loading the dishwasher, making the bed, etc. require more of the protein and is enhanced by presence of estrogens. Other activities, such as CAS, beer drinking, BSing, drag racing, fishing, etc. require less Aroundtuit and are enhanced by testosterone.

Guys, now you have a genetically based explanation for not getting things done when your woman wants it done.

Let me know if you have better success with this story than I did.

DD

Who knows a thing or two about genetics

Hey BMC!

Regards,

Allie Mo

Looks like Joe has a dang fine start on them grinders. :lol:

Maybe he could grind out a shelf for you from some white marble or fine granite?

Something along the lines of Michelangelo's David or Pieta?

AH! I thought maybe you were going to do some trout fishing. :lol:

Hmmm.....to compliment Miss Whiskeys idea of a triple cream brie, how about a bit of aged gouda, a little stilton, and some Humbolt Fog Chevre?

((eyes platter)) Looks kind of stark...Got it, needs some water crackers, a bit of sourdough bread, a nice olive assortment, maybe some large caper berries, prociutto, and melon.

And some grapes, raspberries, strawberries. Garnish brie with a sprig of rosemary.

OK! But where are the Pork rinds?

Matthew, I do all the design work around here. I bought all the fixtures, cabinets,... and they fit. Also, I did a to-scale floorplan with all our furniture in place before we moved. So, there were only a few minor adjustments in placement.

Regards,

AM

I'd say your Hubby got himself a one in a million...

A serger is an overlock sewing machine, often with a cutter, that trims and creates a finished edge.

Freely translated "He'll get around to it."

A wonderful, creamy, soft cheese with a powdery edible rind. Wonderful stuff.

Why didn't ya just say so !!! :wacko:

I think I've got most of the tools mentioned thus far, and then some. And yet, I had a project recently and had to go buy another tool. Thankfully, my bride doesn't mind, so long as the new tool actually gets used for it's intended project!

Archived