SASS Wire Forum

Why do men...

Hello Folks,

I got a new laptop over a year ago that fits where the keyboard of the old one was. I asked hubby to make matching shelves for the area where the old one was. Friday, I bought a cheap plywood shoe shelf to put in there. He said, "Why did you buy that piece of junk? I was going to make you shelves." :rolleyes:

Just saying...

Regards,

Allie Mo

Wow...talk about impatient! The artistic nous (νους) can't be forced, it must flow freely, organically. Conditions must be just right and there must by a synaxis (Σύναξις) of the right price on the right materials, tools, and concept, an enthusiasm (ενθουσιασμός) as it were. In the fullness of time, at the proper moment, it will happen.

Sometimes when Miz Grizz asks for something like that I get right on it and she says "oh, no rush"

But I know if I don't get it done right away it will get forgotten (by me)

Wow...talk about impatient! The artistic nous (νους) can't be forced, it must flow freely, organically. Conditions must be just right and there must by a synaxis (Σύναξις) of the right price on the right materials, tools, and concept, an enthusiasm (ενθουσιασμός) as it were. In the fullness of time, at the proper moment, it will happen.

+1 What he said!

Chili Pepper (king of the unfinished project) Kid

+1 What he said!

Chili Pepper (king of the unfinished project) Kid

Thanks, CP. But I have the feeling that when Miss Allie reads that I'm going to get The Look. Maybe even The Look followed by The Sigh.

AM

the one thing I have learned , even being single , is to say YES MA"AM and get it done .

MOM would still put bumps on my head for anything less .

CB

Aye - that be the truth sez I!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Absolutely no way I could have said it any better..

The only thing I might add would be when finished, it would be utterly magnificent! :rolleyes:

There's a lot of planning that goes into, especially woodworking items, even as simple as a shelf, (you did say "matching"). Besides measuring, not once or twice, but several times over a period of different weather and humidity condition. This leaves any defects to a minimum, warpage, shrinkage, or swelling. Then there's the wood, what kind, a softwood, medium, or hardwood. The thickness, and run of the grain, the width, or the length run. Also if it will be mated with wood that exist, a man has to see that it matches. Are the grains straight, or will there be swirls, or knots that will be needed to mate correctly. Stains have to be considered, also to match.

Woodworking is an art, its a matter of pride, even a simple shelf will reflect a man's artistic creations. I'm thinking he may have been waiting for a special occasion to make and present you with the shelf you desired. :rolleyes: MT

...well it goes like this Allie Mo--Ms. Mary Matilda has a honey-do list of items that she wants done. I generally w**k them off the top of the list. The problem is encountered when, to my dismay, Ms. Mary Matilda-known as she who must be obeyed-adds two (2) items for every one (1) that I get w**ked off. So, the list gets longer and longer--giving the appearance that I am procastinating, which of course I'm not! <_<

Harrumph! You guys are really into this :unsure::rolleyes:

About the stain and laquer. That would be my job per hubby.

The shelves will be inside a cabinet with closing wood doors. Perfection is not needed.

Ah, excuse me Miss Allie, but if a male is to make a shelf, whether or not it is hidden is not the issue. The shelf must be perfect and perfection takes time, planning, consultation with other men and the need for a new tool. Therefore a year to make a shelf is not out of the question.

Sun Dear,

He's got all the tools he needs for woodworking and gun work, including wood and metal lathes. I don't even have a Serger. :rolleyes:

Now, I'd like some cheese. ;)

Regards,

Allie Mo

((hands Miss Allie a chunk of Velveeta))

There you are, Ma'am.

:o:rolleyes: I hope you've got Ro-tel, someway to melt the V-v-velveeta (I can hardly write that word), and tortilla chips as that is the only way you'd get me to eat Velveeta.

:P:ph34r:

AH! I thought maybe you were going to do some trout fishing. :lol:

Hmmm.....to compliment Miss Whiskeys idea of a triple cream brie, how about a bit of aged gouda, a little stilton, and some Humbolt Fog Chevre?

((eyes platter)) Looks kind of stark...Got it, needs some water crackers, a bit of sourdough bread, a nice olive assortment, maybe some large caper berries, prociutto, and melon.

What da hell did he just say ?? :blink:

:lol:

How about some triple cream brie? On a freshly baked baguette?

OK Whiskey.....got da fresh baked bread part..........

But what da hell is da over stuff ?:blink:

... I asked hubby to make matching shelves for the area where the old one was...:rolleyes:

Just saying...

Wife wanted the upstairs bathroom remodeled

With tub on one end and a stairway on the other end that left a maximum of 60" for the sink top and cabinet

Please note 60" maximum was the maximum length.

She bought one she really liked 72" in length and wondered why I wouldn't install it!

Just saying...

:o:rolleyes: I hope you've got Ro-tel, someway to melt the V-v-velveeta (I can hardly write that word), and tortilla chips as that is the only way you'd get me to eat Velveeta.

:P:ph34r:

Add some ground vinison to da mix......

Dat'll git my attenstion real quick !!

...well it goes like this Allie Mo--Ms. Mary Matilda has a honey-do list of items that she wants done. I generally w**k them off the top of the list. The problem is encountered when, to my dismay, Ms. Mary Matilda-known as she who must be obeyed-adds two (2) items for every one (1) that I get w**ked off. So, the list gets longer and longer--giving the appearance that I am procastinating, which of course I'm not! dry.gif

I know what ya mean cept fer me it's 4 to 1 !

And darkness has no meanin a'tall !

And, By God, she still has dat dreaded rollin pin to boot !!! dry.gif

Just curious, what is a Serger?

A serger is an overlock sewing machine, often with a cutter, that trims and creates a finished edge.

What da hell did he just say ?? :blink:

Freely translated "He'll get around to it."

OK Whiskey.....got da fresh baked bread part..........

But what da hell is da over stuff ?:blink:

A wonderful, creamy, soft cheese with a powdery edible rind. Wonderful stuff.

Super creamy french cheese. So good, so bad for you though.

Now wait a minute. A nice bit of triple cream brie, some bread, a nice little assortment of salumi, some wine, maybe some grappa or armagnac is good for the mind, soul, and spirit.

Not an every day thing, or even every week. But a few times a year, yeah, it's good for you.

Hello Folks,

I got a new laptop over a year ago that fits where the keyboard of the old one was. I asked hubby to make matching shelves for the area where the old one was. Friday, I bought a cheap plywood shoe shelf to put in there. He said, "Why did you buy that piece of junk? I was going to make you shelves." :rolleyes:

Just saying...

Regards,

Allie Mo

Rule #1 in training a new salesperson is training them to get a time commitment after a commitment to buy. The error is YOURS! Should have gone like this..... Honey, will you make me a new shelf? (yes dear) When will it be done? (next weekend) PROBLEM SOLVED!

Wife wanted the upstairs bathroom remodeled

With tub on one end and a stairway on the other end that left a maximum of 60" for the sink top and cabinet

Please note 60" maximum was the maximum length.

She bought one she really liked 72" in length and wondered why I wouldn't install it!

Just saying...

What, you don't have a chain saw? Time for a new tool!

Ha!

I've mentioned the shelf twice in the last year. Now, he tells me he has the wood... Maybe my little purchase (which doesn't fit), is a nicer reminder than "nagging."

In all fairness, he works much harder around here than I do.

Joe is correct about the serger.

WB, that sounds yummy! V-v-velveeta, my ...

Matthew, I do all the design work around here. I bought all the fixtures, cabinets,... and they fit. Also, I did a to-scale floorplan with all our furniture in place before we moved. So, there were only a few minor adjustments in placement.

Regards,

AM

Archived