SASS Wire Forum

Why do females....

Matthew Duncan

Yesterday a very long match.

Temperature high 80s, no shade, with a lot of imagination there was a slight breeze.

Too many for one posse not enough for two posses.

Got home unpacked Gray, put the stuff away.

Got some brush that's been needing to clear, weather (rain) ain't been cooperating. Change into work clothes and got the brush cleared.

I'm hot, sweaty, bleeding (thorns) and 100% beat.

Walk into the house thinking about a cold shower, sitting in the relciner and sleeping though a basball game on TV.

Wife, "Will you rehang those two curtains? It's real easy to do!"

She's taken down the curtain rods, removed the "old" curtains (less then a week old) and has put the new curtains on the rod.

"Since it's easy to do why don't you hang them?", I ask. I get this blank stare.

Why do females do that?

Matthew, you mistake your priorities for her priorities.

A woman in incapable of seeing anything outside of her motivation as "productive" or even valuable.

However, anything that falls within her motivational view, however trivial, is immensely important.

Case in point. "I am going shopping"! Simple statement, however nothing you can say or do will deter from

doing just that.

If you were to say, "I am going to sit here and watch the ball game with a cold brewsky, she could come up with all sorts of ideas for you to do something "constructive". Like hang the curtains. That fits into her

motivational view.

They can't help it, it is in the genes.

Actually it's in their cromosomes. You see men have 1 - X and 1 - Y cromosomes but women have 2 - X cromosomes. The lack of the Y cromosome in the female is what makes them the way that they are......completely unpredictable and (in the male view) totally insane.

The question of "Why do females do that" is a question that has beguiled men ever since one of man's ribs was ripped from his chest and given to a women. Billions of dollars have been spent in scientific studies to determine the answer, but to no avail. The only people that know the answer are women, who are evidently sworn to uphold the secret.

So, to answer your question........Hell if I know.

Below is a simple explanation of the X Y cromosome factor.

XY factor/easy explanation

Cypress (why ask why) Sun

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert Heinlein.

Temperature high 80s, no shade, with a lot of imagination there was a slight breeze.

Got some brush that's been needing to clear, weather (rain) ain't been cooperating. Change into work clothes and got the brush cleared.

Walk into the house thinking about a cold shower, sitting in the relciner and sleeping though a basball game on TV.

She's taken down the curtain rods, removed the "old" curtains (less then a week old) and has put the new curtains on the rod.

"Since it's easy to do why don't you hang them?", I ask. I get this blank stare.

Why do females do that?

I'm assuming that you are still in your grubbies, and all sweaty and dirty when all this happens. The proper thing in that case is to say "Of course, love!" and make to grab the curtains and rod with your dirty hands. At which point she will shriek in horror and pull them out of reach. "Don't you want me to hang that up, dear? Well, I'm off to shower and change, I'm beat." By the time you get cleaned up, she will have them back up. You offered, she declined.

I'm assuming that you are still in your grubbies, and all sweaty and dirty when all this happens. The proper thing in that case is to say "Of course, love!" and make to grab the curtains and rod with your dirty hands. At which point she will shriek in horror and pull them out of reach. "Don't you want me to hang that up, dear? Well, I'm off to shower and change, I'm beat." By the time you get cleaned up, she will have them back up. You offered, she declined.

Ah yes, you offered, she declined and hung them herself. BUT , and there is ALWAYS a but,

She will nurture a hostile thought until it becomes an obsession and she will flail you with verbal abuse for your lack of compliance. She may even wait days or weeks to spring it on you, but she will NEVER FORGET.

Ah yes, you offered, she declined and hung them herself. BUT , and there is ALWAYS a but,

She will nurture a hostile thought until it becomes an obsession and she will flail you with verbal abuse for your lack of compliance. She may even wait days or weeks to spring it on you, but she will NEVER FORGET.

Well, I didn't saw it was without its dangers. I suppose one extra step, if she does have them hung by the time you get out of the shower and back out, is to stop with surprised look and say "Oh! That shower was just what I needed as a pick me up, I was going to do that!" Which will reinforce the idea that you really did want to do it.

That could backfire though, with her coming up with even more onerous tasks for you to do.

Well, I didn't saw it was without its dangers. I suppose one extra step, if she does have them hung by the time you get out of the shower and back out, is to stop with surprised look and say "Oh! That shower was just what I needed as a pick me up, I was going to do that!" Which will reinforce the idea that you really did want to do it.

That could backfire though, with her coming up with even more onerous tasks for you to do.

That sounds good on paper, but I suspect most of them are too wily to buy that ruse. That would just get a Rolleyes from my DW.

JHC

You guys don't understand that women are really alien beings from another galaxy! They get their instructions from that far away galaxy by gathering in a secret place called the "Ladies Room". If you ever walk into THAT ROOM , even if by mistake, you will not come out alive, or at least wishing you were dead!!

Oh for goodness sakes all yu did was clear a little brush AFTER you went out and played all morning. Get out of the LAZYBOY and hang the damn curtains for the poor woman who has to put up with you!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rock(who was laughin so hard she could hardly type)y

Oh for goodness sakes all yu did was clear a little brush AFTER you went out and played all morning. Get out of the LAZYBOY and hang the damn curtains for the poor woman who has to put up with you!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rock(who was laughin so hard she could hardly type)y

Yes, Maam! (Hand salute gesture)

Years ago, actually decades ago. Blue Jeans was w**king at St Joseph Hospital, I was on a vacation, finishing our first house we built. She had bought some kitchen curtains she asked me to hang.

When she got home, she informed me that curtains are not hung with thumbtacks. Since then, she has never asked me to help her hang curtains. I've even volunteered to help her hang new curtains, she always says, "What with thumbtacks"? So I go outside and have a cool one, feeling miserable that I couldn't help her hang curtains. MT

Years ago, actually decades ago. Blue Jeans was w**king at St Joseph Hospital, I was on a vacation, finishing our first house we built. She had bought some kitchen curtains she asked me to hang.

When she got home, she informed me that curtains are not hung with thumbtacks. Since then, she has never asked me to help her hang curtains. I've even volunteered to help her hang new curtains, she always says, "What with thumbtacks"? So I go outside and have a cool one, feeling miserable that I couldn't help her hang curtains. MT

Thumbtacks........who'd have thought, I always used roofing nails.

Why do females do that?

Mathew theres the blank stare, and then theres the "look".lol... The blank stare means we are considering what you said even though it is not to our benefit.. not the look... if you get that, get out of the chair and hang the moon.lol

Heres the thing. When I was very little I use to have to go "call" my father in to eat. Now that sounds easy, but it was not. Cuz he was a guy, and if he was busying doing something he would ignore my step moms calls.. loll... So I was sent out to find him, and bring him in. Which in turn made me his "gopher"... knowing I was easily distracted at a young age, he would show me a shiny tool and I was as lost in the job as he was.. lol.. Being raised by wolves, mostyly my father and brothers who understood my oddness.. I can relate to both sides. So, guys have their ways too. When I ask a question, and I get no response I rarely repeat it. I know they heard me, I know they don't want to answer me cuz I was too much of a "girl" at that moment for them.. so I wait, giving them time to decided if they will ever answer.. if they don't, I move on to the next question, of "can I help?" lol... Most guys will suddenly look at me like a 12 year old kid and give me a job like my dad did. At least then I can be there to watch over then just incase they should have gone in for rations before they passed out.. lol

I think some of you Pards are on your own, I don't think I will commit any wisdom or words to this Range War, it's safer that way!:ph34r::wacko:

lolll Oh come one.. its safe... lol

Why do females do that?

Easy.

Let's see.....

1 - You had on WORK CLOTHES! )Obviously they should be work going on)

2 - You weren't bleeding at the moment! (You do get a break if you are leaking blood)

3 - You weren't doing anything but sleeping! (But were you really, or just trying to ignore the world)

I'm surprised that you didn't get yelled at for perspirating on the recliner.

Why do females do that?

Because dey can....dats way !!!!!

Tell antone dis and I'll git ya....I swear !!!!

Archived