SASS Wire Forum

Tragedy in the Custer area

Solo_Sam

and dont shoot blanks at other people...the War between the States reinactors always aim and shoot over the opponet's heads.

and dont shoot blanks at other people...

Picture in current issue of CC - A good example of what a blank shotgun load will do to a balloon at a distance

a bunch of years ago a young Western actor was kiled with a pistol blank. If if goes boom it is dangerous.

Yep, if it's the same one you are talking about, he was kidding around on the set, put the pistol to his head and pulled the trigger. Went in his temple and killed him. This is another good example of what can happen when people who know nothing about guns handle them. A young life wasted due to ignorance....

a bunch of years ago a young Western actor was kiled with a pistol blank. If if goes boom it is dangerous.

I believe you might be referring to Pete Duel.

He and Ben Murphy were the stars of the Western TV series, 'Alias Smith and Jones'

..........Widder

I believe you might be referring to Pete Duel.

He and Ben Murphy were the stars of the Western TV series, 'Alias Smith and Jones'

..........Widder

Actually Pete Duel committed suicide at home.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Duel

Not sure who the other actor was that died in the on set accident.

Titus,

thanks. That is interesting.

Now I need to look up Ben Murphy because he was his co-star in that series and my mind keeps telling me that it was one of those fellers that put a pistol to his head, with a blank in it, and pulled the trigger.

Time for research.

..........Widder

Titus,

thanks. That is interesting.

Now I need to look up Ben Murphy because he was his co-star in that series and my mind keeps telling me that it was one of those fellers that put a pistol to his head, with a blank in it, and pulled the trigger.

Time for research.

..........Widder

It appears he's alive and well and possibly still acting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Murphy

Titus,

yep, ole Ben is still with us.

Looks like I need to create a topic so some of these Wire Pards can straighten out my thinkin.

Best regards

..........Widder

Archived