SASS Wire Forum

EoT Travel Warning for Sunday

Ivory Jack, #8534 LTG

If you're driving your RV or dragging a trailer to Founders Ranch tomorrow please take extra care.

Watches and Warnings

Edgewood Forecast ...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM TO 9 PM MDT SUNDAY... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ALBUQUERQUE HAS ISSUED A WIND ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM TO 9 PM MDT SUNDAY. * LOCATION...NORTHERN AND CENTRAL NEW MEXICO...INCLUDING THE ALBUQUERQUE AND SANTA FE METRO AREAS. * WINDS...SOUTHWEST TO WEST SUSTAINED AT 25 TO 40 MPH WITH GUSTS TO AROUND 55 OR 60 MPH. * TIMING...WINDS WILL BE MOST LIKELY TO STRENGTHEN ALONG AND WEST OF THE CONTINENTAL DIVIDE...AND OVER AND IMMEDIATELY EAST OF THE CENTRAL MOUNTAIN CHAIN...SUNDAY MORNING. STRONG WINDS ARE NOT EXPECTED IN THE RIO GRANDE VALLEY...AS WELL IN THE EASTERN PLAINS...UNTIL SUNDAY AFTERNOON. * VISIBILITY...VISIBILITIES MAY BE LOCALLY REDUCED TO 3 MILES OR LESS IN BLOWING DUST. * LOCAL IMPACTS...CROSS WINDS MAY IMPACT TRAVEL...ESPECIALLY HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES...ON NORTH TO SOUTH ORIENTED HIGHWAYS...INCLUDING INTERSTATE 25 FROM THE COLORADO BORDER TO THE SIERRA COUNTY LINE...HIGHWAY 285 FROM ELDORADO TO ROSWELL...AND HIGHWAY 54 FROM VAUGHN TO CARRIZOZO. THE STRONG WINDS WILL BE COMBINED WITH NEAR RECORD HEAT IN PORTIONS OF THE EASTERN PLAINS. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... MOTORISTS SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION WHILE TRAVELING. SUDDEN GUSTS OF WIND MAY CAUSE YOU TO LOSE CONTROL OF YOUR VEHICLE. EXTRA ATTENTION SHOULD BE GIVEN TO CROSS WINDS.

Good warning, IJ. Monday should be half-as bad with only breezy wx for Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm glad I'm not shooting the WB warm-up match today. Last time I shot a 1911 in conditions like that the pistol quit running on the third stage - full of grit.

There is a section of I-25 near Grants with a hugh, vegetation-less field south of the freeway. Strong winds from the southwest pick up thick dust from the field obscuring the freeway. The state highway patrol closes the freeway during these conditions. It is possible I-25 will be closed this afternoon for several hours.

Archived