SASS Wire Forum

Greenhorn Gunsmithin

Deschutes Drifter

Wowwwwy, just installed the gunslinger kit on my Rossi 92 and what a difference. Took it to the range today and it is smooth as silk...feather light trigger, easy lever, and brass just rolls out the top into a nice neat pile on the shooting bench (just sighting her in of course). I'm sure this is a dupe but if I can do this action work just about anyone can. I'm a tinkerer and like to learn about anything I can but I bought my first firearm in October of last year, and now I'm tearing apart my lever gun. It a scary thought but I owe my success to YouTube. Great video on installing the springs, a little short of info on wrestling with the bolt, but after about an hour of trial and error and finally using a sent case to hold the ejector rod in place, success!

Anyway even if this is a dupe I'm bragging a bit, and encouraging folks to give it a go! Especially if you are new to the sport like me and not sure if you can do some of your own action work. I replaced the spring on my Stoeger too but that was a whole lot easier.....

Happy trails!

DD

I did the same thing recently and it was the best $15 I've ever spent. My little Rossi 92 .357/.38 was like a different gun. I used the same video from Youtube and had the same kit. I will admit it took me the better part of a day to do it. The hardest part was dealing with the ejector spring and the bolt and at some times I was cussing the guy in the video but everything turned out good.

Archived