SASS Wire Forum

Shot Gun Trigger Guard Pad ?

Clemsum

I would like to go back to using my SxS for black powder but I consistently had a problem with the trigger guard impacting my first finger behind the guard and tearing out a chunk (technical jargon) of skin.

At our last monthly match I talked to a pard about this and he remembered seeing some type of pad to prevent this but could not remember where to order it.

Do any of you know where something like this can be ordered??

I would like to go back to using my SxS for black powder but I consistently had a problem with the trigger guard impacting my first finger behind the guard and tearing out a chunk (technical jargon) of skin.

At our last monthly match I talked to a pard about this and he remembered seeing some type of pad to prevent this but could not remember where to order it.

Do any of you know where something like this can be ordered??

There are elastic pads for folks that have corns available at most drug stores and those pads fit over the finger just perfectly and don't restrict the movement or "feel" when handling pistols or rifle.

I also took a leather shotgun loop off of an old shotgun belt, sewed it together and used that to protect my finger also.

I used a piece of fuzzy sheepskin cut to wrap around the trigger guard behind the trigger. I first stuck a loop a double-faced (carpet) tape around where it was going to go to help keep it in place, wrapped the sheepskin around it, then tied it down with a couple of loops of clear fishline, putting the knot on the inside of the guard. Looks nice, you don't see the fishline, stays in place, saves the gouges on me bony fingers. Regards, BGood

Door or Window rubber seal. It has a peal & stick backing

and you can get it up 1/2" thick. I've used 1/16 & 1/8 and it

works! It comes in gray/black. This comes in a roll usually

20' so you'll have more than enough.

Hope this helps ya pardner. :)

QDG/Mike :FlagAm:

For years when I could still find them I used the form rubber "Pencil pillows" sold by Office Depot. I slid these over the trigger guards. But, they no longer sell them. They sell a gel type that doesn't hold up very well.

Now days I use surgical tubing. Here's a switch trigger Baikal SXS with the tubing.

SWITCH TRIGGER SXS

Thanks for the suggestions!

Bad Hand, that looks like the pad my pard was describing. Thanks for the links.

I think I will try some of the other suggestions first, since I can get the material locally.

Nate, I just put the triggers back to normal on my SxS, it was too fast. The surface of my triggers is very smooth and sometimes my finger slipped off the front trigger from the recoil and set off the second barrel unintentionally.

Thanks again to all,

Clemsum

I cut a small piece of 3/8 tubing and slid it over the trigger guard and reinstalled the screw.

Works great.

Archived