SASS Wire Forum

Cimarron Shotgun Choke

Long Juan  #84671

I have a Cimarron Coach Gun, SxS 12g, 26" barrel. I need a replacement choke. Apparently one of the chokes worked its way loose during my last match and by continuing to shoot, I ruined the choke. I was fortunate to be able to remove it. I have taken both the undamaged one and the damaged one to my local gun store. They have hundreds, maybe thousands of chokes, but none to match. Have talked to Cimarron. They have no stock and suggested I contact Coyote Cap, which I did. No response there yet except Cap is "looking." I have tried a couple of other folks without success, mostly because I am unable to tell them EXACTLY what I need. From what I can find on-line and my own physical examination of the chokes I have, it appears the 26" barrel choke guns are fitted with TruChoke System, Improved Chokes. Suppliers ask me the length, which I can give them, and threading. For threading about all I can say is "very fine" and send them a photo. So far no luck. Does anyone know what the detailed specs on these chokes are and/or where I might find a replacement? I guess I do not need a choke at all for cowboy action shooting and that, of course, is an option, but I hate to ruin the threads in case I care sometime in the future or someone else who cares ends up with the shotgun. Thanks in advance.

The Cimarron (made by TTN I do believe) should take the Tru-Choke line of tubes. Here's a couple of links:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=5201/Product/SCREW_IN_CHOKE_TUBE

This is the Colonial brand tubes which are in stock. Note that this page shows WINCHOKES (not those) and Tru-Choke style. (Those are ones you want.) Been my experience the cylinder tubes in Cimm/TTN's pattern just a little tighter, and work great.

Howdy Long Juan, since you said the shotgun is a SxS with chokes, I'm assuming it is the hammerless gun made in Turkey. I think it comes with a full set of chokes. Does the manual that comes with it not give info on the type of choke? You might also contact Evil Roy. He was shooting one of those and selling them at one time, so he might know. Good luck.

Carlson's makes TruChoke tubes as well as Colonial.

Carlson Chokes

Got great service from them recently. Call them and talk - they are pretty knowledgeable.

Good luck, GJ

Archived