SASS Wire Forum

The dinosaur gets a smart phone

I thought phones whar to make calls on......

Not to do nothin' "smart" on it.

Ifin" I wanted smart, I'd livin wif my kids and grandkids !!! :wub:

Testing this thing out. :)

What is a dinosaur, and what is a phone?

It sounds like the kind of nonsense you'd hear from someone who's had too much Max' Wonder Wagon Miracle Elixir. :)

Oh! Wait: can you read? Maybe this is something you read about over at the library in Kansas City?

Aunt Jen

Oh, you said smart phone, thought you said something else...

My whole family is phone crazy, me if I can make and receive calls, and text messages I'm happy. If it wasn't for the kids I wouldn't even care about text messages.

Smart Phone HHHmmmm!! my phone only has 2 cans ona string-dus that meen u got 3 cans on yer string?my kidds keep askin bout all da apps ,tupid kidds. I take napps not apps!! they think dar so smart.

Have fun with your new toy,I was told the battery needs charged every day?(my string last a long time)

D-Wayne

This danged thang came with around 50 apps -- I'm still trying to learn how to do Internet, camera, video, and sync my email. I haven't even got started on apps, or set up the phone to work in Europe, or several other functions that will pop up and bite me in the a.. :o

I got the new one with the round thingy on the front that you put yer pinky in and spin.

No button pushing for this ole codger.

I have one of those too Badger, 'cept I use my index finger. I've had it since the '70s. Kind of amazing that it still works on today's network.

Have to admit I have a smartphone. Beats lugging a laptop around.

What does that make me? No smart phone, heck, I don't even know how to text! All my cell phone is is a phone!

Yeah, but yer just one rung up from a neanderthal... which is two rungs up from me. :lol: So simple even a caveman can do it. :wacko:

Enjoy your new toy tool. Let us know how it's working for you.

Well, I'm not a smart phone owner {or owned by} either. The only reason I text is a girlfriend who lives up against a mountain. She doesn't receive a cell signal up there so I have to text her to communicate. Texting is done on a lower bandwidth so those messages get through. Other than that, I can surely do without the extra $$$$ a month in fees for stuff I won't use.

You're all way ahead of me. I don't even own a cell phone. I thought I was really progressing when I put an answering machine on our home phone.

My kids called their mom awhile back and said, "We've got to get Dad into the twenty-first century." To which my wife replied, "Heck, I'd be happy just to get him in the twentieth century!" True story. :blink:

Never turn yer back on Wildcat. :unsure:

And you best not bend over in my presence either. Next thing you know you'll get a bill from medicare! :lol:

Heck, we had a smart phone when I was a kid. You just dialed "O" and this voice came on you could talk to about where you wanted your call to go to, what the town gossip was, etc. Must have been a very advanced computer with one of those feminine voice sythesizers.....

Heck I ain't even got one of them cell pones. Me mom-in-law still has rotary pones. That's still fun ta use. :lol:

You're all way ahead of me. I don't even own a cell phone. I thought I was really progressing when I put an answering machine on our home phone.

My kids called their mom awhile back and said, "We've got to get Dad into the twenty-first century." To which my wife replied, "Heck, I'd be happy just to get him in the twentieth century!" True story. :blink:

Interestingly, we just got a TracPhone that had a double-minutes add-on with it. Turns out it's cheaper than the land-line. We've now had that disconnected.

I got the new one with the round thingy on the front that you put yer pinky in and spin.

No button pushing for this ole codger.

[/quote

Yup....got one of dem thingers too, BMC !!

Guess dat makes me a ole codger too, uh !

Now Wildcat that was really funny! We had a smart phone when I lived on the farm. You rang up your neighbors with the hand crank. You could chat with ten families at one time and there was no charge. How do you improve on that and say you are smart? It takes me and a couple kids to decipher the monthly bill on my cell phone.

Archived