SASS Wire Forum

HOW Hell On Wheels

Kiowa Kid, SASS #69870L

Howdy,

Well time is ticking, HOW is just around the corner and this is the 15th Annual and will be full of Fun and great shooting, this year they have a new match director and I want to say thanks to the old match director Fighting Joe Baker for all your hard work in the previous HOW's.

The match director this year is Red River Wrangler and if you have ever shot at his home club they put on a great match, so I'm sure HOW will be nothing short of great, also your shooting next to Historic Cheyenne WY.

So get those entries in and come join the FUN.

KK

Howdy,

Well time is ticking, HOW is just around the corner and this is the 15th Annual and will be full of Fun and great shooting, this year they have a new match director and I want to say thanks to the old match director Fighting Joe Baker for all your hard work in the previous HOW's.

The match director this year is Red River Wrangler and if you have ever shot at his home club they put on a great match, so I'm sure HOW will nothing short of great, also your shooting next to Historic Cheyenne WY.

So get those entries in and come join the FUN.

KK

I've had my entry in for months. Had to miss last year so July cant get here fast enough.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Fingers McGee...

I'm signed up too this year...Missed them all last year. We be leaving Alaska and

driving down hope to get to the range at Cheyenne late in the day on the 29th.

You shootin' Frontiersman again?

Brasspounder

GHSS

Fairbanks, AK

Fingers McGee...

I'm signed up too this year...Missed them all last year. We be leaving Alaska and

driving down hope to get to the range at Cheyenne late in the day on the 29th.

You shootin' Frontiersman again?

Brasspounder

GHSS

Fairbanks, AK

Hey Brasspounder. Will be good to see you again. Of course I'm shooting Frontiersman - is there anything else???

A bunch from the NW are planning the trip.

Kiowa, know of any dog shooting areas we might hang around after the shoot and pop a few?

Ol' #4

Fingers and Brasspounder;

I am on the way as well.

Flying into Denver on the 29th.

Been awhile since we've seen either of you.

Marshal Stone

Be good to see you too Marshal. It's always nice to be able to shoot a match with old friends.

That goes for you too Ol#4 - you bringing bullets with you?

Kiowa, know of any dog shooting areas we might hang around after the shoot and pop a few?

Ol' #4

Howdy OL#4

I sure don't but I will ask around for you and see what I can come up with.

KK

Ol' #4

Look up Lone Tree Bullet Company, and send a message to Hirem Kelly. He lives about 50 miles north of Cheyenne and knows alot of ranchers that have active colonies.

LL'

Marshal Stone...

Be good to see you folks again too! Yer missus Tripod is comin too, I hope.

We got a long road ahead, but it'll be fun shootin with good pards again, sure

missed not comin out last year. We aim to do it right this time.

Hate to miss all the shootin in Alaska this summer, but I haven't figured out how

to be in two places at the same time yet...

Got some "family business" to attend to down in Colorado after the H.O.W. so it

made a good excuse to come shoot too. Why Not?

See you soon!

Brasspounder

Ol' #4

PM sent

KK

Freeda Bee Mee and I are going again as well. So far, as of the last update, there are just a hair over 200 shooters signed up. And only 2 from Nebraska on the Whos Shooting List.

Fingers,

It will be good to meet you. I will be helping out in the Run N Iron tent if we dont pass on the line somewhere.

I wonder how many Frontiersman we will have?

DM

The range is definitely coming together. A lot of folks are sweating hard in the hot sun to pull it off. As of this afternoon, I think I heard over 250 shooters.

More sweating will be done tomorrow...

GW

Freeda Bee Mee and I are going again as well. So far, as of the last update, there are just a hair over 200 shooters signed up. And only 2 from Nebraska on the Whos Shooting List.

Fingers,

It will be good to meet you. I will be helping out in the Run N Iron tent if we dont pass on the line somewhere.

I wonder how many Frontiersman we will have?

DM

There's at least 6 of us I think. IIRC Gypsy and Colin the Magnificent will be there (from Autrailia) Shot Frontiersman with them at Prince of Pistoleers. Not sure if any othe Aussie Frontiersmen will be in attendance. Painted Mohawk said he and a bunch of his mates from Austrailia will be at HOW, just don;t know how many shoot BP.

Indiana Jackson and I look forward to seeing you all at HOW! It was painful this year to choose between EOT and HOW, but I just couldn't let Grizzly Dave be in Cheyenne all by hisself!!!

Wolf Bane

SASS13557

Bane, sorry to disappoint, but I'm not shooting the match. I may wander up on Friday to visit, but have a family thing on Saturday that I have to be at.

Fingers,

That is great to have that many Frontiersman all in one spot! Never had more than a few at a time anywhere else I have been. Will be nice to have that much smoke to keep the squeeters away.

Bane, you can come shoot with us in the smoke..

DM

Wolf Bane,

Will be great to see you and Indiana.

Painted Filly

Call HOW if you want to come I think they still have room so come join the fun.

KK

Duchess and I will be in arriving in Ft. Collins, Co. sometime Saturday and would like to ride up Sunday if anything will still be going on. I've been telling the brother in law about SASS and our shooting CAS. Kenny calls us "posers" as he is one of the real mccoy type cowboys, I would love to get him shooting. Maybe we can make it next year to shoot HOW.

Duchess and I will be in arriving in Ft. Collins, Co. sometime Saturday and would like to ride up Sunday if anything will still be going on. I've been telling the brother in law about SASS and our shooting CAS. Kenny calls us "posers" as he is one of the real mccoy type cowboys, I would love to get him shooting. Maybe we can make it next year to shoot HOW.

Here's what going on Sunday.

Sunday, July 3

7:00 – 6:00

Food available on site

8:00 – 8:30

Cowboy Church (Main Tent)

830 – 10:30

Top Shootist – Open to All

9:00 – 12:00

Team & Couples Events

1:00

HOW 2011 Awards