SASS Wire Forum

BSS/SKB

Dantankerous

I have been toying with the idea of adding a new double to my cart. Just wondering what the going prices are on the cowboy tuned BSS's and SKB's. I have somewhat of an idea, but I want to make sure my pricing is accurate before I unload all those Franklins. I am guessing just slightly more than the tuned Stoegers. ^_^

PM/email me if you would to avoid starting any range war here on the wire with anyone who may be involved with selling 'em.

Thanks for any help.

NeedanothergunDan

"slightly more" depends on the person with the checkbook. LOL

They will be much more than the Stoeger, however, better made..... Check with Johnny Meadows. He usually has both of them and he can sale you one fully tuned and ready to roll.

Wow. That is 3 to 4 times as high as a Stoeger.

I realize this may be subjective, but are they really worth that much more than a Stoeger?

And if so, why?

I realize this may be subjective, but are they really worth that much more than a Stoeger?

And if so, why?

If folks want a great rifle they buy a 73 with all the trimmings for $1400 or more to get the best. Why should a great shotgun cost less? A Stoeger is a good starting gun but it will develop issues. They all do eventually.

Prepare to spend $1200-1500 for a race-ready gun.

Only you can decide if it's worth the extra money. A Timex and a Rolex both tell time, why buy one over the other?

I started with a Stoeger, now have a tuned SKB. You get what you pay for.

Seen a pretty nice BBS the other day. Ready to go. $1400.00

I am still trying to figure out a way to get it.

Got a new High-Wall 45-70 I would like to sell and put towards it.

But could not do any swapping with them with it.

I don't believe you can touch a ready to go SKB done by a competent smith for under $1,100. Depends on which model you get and condition of the gun. Empty your PM folder and I will send you the particulars on one I just ordered.

Just purchased a "stock" Ithaca/SKB 100 in 90% condition for $650.00 shipped and figure I've used up my "good gun deal" luck for the year.

No smiths around here experienced in slicking them up so I'll just shoot it as is, can't see where it will hurt or help my time as I while I can usually see the fast shooters from where I'm at in the standings, but I have to squint real hard.

Just purchased a "stock" Ithaca/SKB 100 in 90% condition for $650.00 shipped and figure I've used up my "good gun deal" luck for the year.

No smiths around here experienced in slicking them up so I'll just shoot it as is, can't see where it will hurt or help my time as I while I can usually see the fast shooters from where I'm at in the standings, but I have to squint real hard.

Does it have ejectors? At least they have to be disabled. Many SKBs have an ugly plastic front bead that will require changing.

And if so, why?

Worth every penny, Amigo. Always amuses me that folks won't bat an eye at $1400 for a tuned and ready rifle, but thank a $350 shotgun is the limit! Give some thought to just how important the shotgun is in terms of you total time on a stage.......

Why would I have the gun slicked by Goatneck Clem? Because it doesn't matter that my car will go faster than I can drive, it's still more fun to cruise in a 'Vette. :) Congrats on your steal-of-a-deal!

Does it have ejectors? At least they have to be disabled. Many SKBs have an ugly plastic front bead that will require changing.

Extractors only, any 100's I've run across all have extractors, while I've never seen a 200 with anything but ejectors.

Definite yes to the "ugly" plastic front sight. Also plan to change automatic safety to manual.

I prefer my BSS, guess because it's big and chunky like me, but the Ithaca is a nice handling shotgun.

Archived