SASS Wire Forum

Stage #6 EOT

Jack Houston # 35508

I assumed they would import a dairy for everyone to camp next to. Now that would be nostalgic :P

Very Best Regards,

BJT

Or a tree full of bees by the entrance.:rolleyes:

I assumed they would import a dairy for everyone to camp next to. Now that would be nostalgic :P

Very Best Regards,

BJT

That's a good one BJT....and maybe some wheat stubble for Half-hand Henry to walk on (few times I have seen her with something on her feet other than shooting BW).

muzzle of loaded gun, head over the top of it, bad juju..........

Yes, unfortunately there are some cowpokes that are lax about safety and would look down their load rifle barrels!

I've even saw a few walk in front of horizontal racks...

Stage to me looks like a lot of fun!

That's a good one BJT....and maybe some wheat stubble for Half-hand Henry to walk on (few times I have seen her with something on her feet other than shooting BW).

go figure, COWBOYS that dont like the smell of cows.

hud (yep, still bitter)

I have been accused of "Stirring the Pot" regarding making this post :unsure: Who Me?? :huh: Everyone doesn't read Calhoun's blog and I thought Shooter's going to EOT would like to see it! Personally I don't see anything wrong with the stage. Every time I've been at EOT the rifle stand that starts the Buzzard was there (4 Times for me). I don't think I would take the chance on the bonus in a "Rank Point" Match!!

Looks like a prime example of Wild Bunch crossing over the line. Those targets were bought with Wild Bunch in mind. We hear about room needed for a clean miss between targets, but when you make one of those small attached targets a bonus, there is no longer room for a clean miss and it opens up the door to all kinds of weird calls.

Past poor performance does not justify jumbled judgement.

I wonder how many times the 170 will be broken picking up the rifle.

In a game where we hand out safety penalties for empty brass, it is odd that we would stage a gun a few degrees from a match DQ, no?

Just sayin'

Cheers,

BJT

I have been accused of "Stirring the Pot" regarding making this post :unsure: Who Me?? :huh: Everyone doesn't read Calhoun's blog and I thought Shooter's going to EOT would like to see it! Personally I don't see anything wrong with the stage. Every time I've been at EOT the rifle stand that starts the Buzzard was there (4 Times for me). I don't think I would take the chance on the bonus in a "Rank Point" Match!!

So, you're saying a Vertical Rifle rack is breaking the 170? If that's true, then a straight hang holster breaks it also!!

But the rules allow for the straight hang holster to allow the gun to break the 170 rule when drawing and reholstering, but not with the long gun. A whole lot of folks break the 170 when retrieving a long gun from vertical racks, they are just not called. Many of those that grab the rifle for example by the forearm first and start the lift, break the 170 before getting it to their shoulder.

Sure but that will only blow off your foot!!!

The rifle is fine when staged but a problem when in hand. The revolver is fine when staged but a problem when it clears leather. The holster lends itself to moving the muzzle down range as it is drawn. The rifle rack prevents the muzzle from moving down range as it is picked up.

About the only good way to get that rifle out of that rack is to grab the stock at the lever and pull the buttstock toward you leaving the muzzle on the rack. I bet less than 10% of shooters do that. I bet at least 50% grab the fore stock, pull back slightly and lift bring the muzzle to the 180 or past. Many of those will lean forward bringing their head over the muzzle.

The same prop accuator could be designed with the muzzle horizontal or even at a 45% up and the shooter could simply lift it up keeping the muzzle well down range the entire time.

As much as I love this game, it develops some of the worst safety habits of any firearms game.

Very Best Regards,

BJT

So, you're saying a Vertical Rifle rack is breaking the 170? If that's true, then a straight hang holster breaks it also!!

That's the WB's fault, it's been done that way since before I started shooting 12 years ago. It's just in the last few years that horizontal long gun staging has been more the norm! One of the "New Buildings' built at Winter Range has vertical long gun racks that double shotguns are close to impossible to restage without closing them! So, if it's so dangerous to stage a long gun vertically why hasn't that been brought up and changed by Governors? There should be an Outcry!! :unsure:

Personally...I'm one of those 10% you speak of and I HATE vertical long gun racks almost as much as Horse/Cow racks!!

I don't have a problem with the described target.

Oh I can see we are going to have a GREAT time shooting together...I'm really looking forward to spending time with you buddy...common sense and all. :) Katie

This is taken out of page 4 of SASS Match Director guide to match design.

6. Designs that offer a small bonus (say 2-5

seconds) for a bird hit or a small target, and

no penalty for a miss are viewed more favorably

by competitors than designs that

are scored as a miss and no bonus.

Just saying.

PS. to avoid getting my house burned down or waking up to find a horse head in my bed, I don't have a problem with the described target.

Deuce,

It's amazing what can happen when your playing in the BIG sand box at someone elses house!!!! See ya in a few days pard!

PS. to avoid getting my house burned down or waking up to find a horse head in my bed, I don't have a problem with the described target.

Yeah, I remember having to put disclaimers in what I said in order to avoid bad things from happening to me when I traveled to out of state matches. Now, it really doesn't matter to them or me. Sometimes getting older and slower can be a good thing. ;)

Dang It

Archived