SASS Wire Forum

Stage #6 EOT

Jack Houston # 35508

Why in the WORLD... are we STILL using VERTICAL rifle racks at EOT? :angry:

PWB that isn't a rifle rack that is the trigger for the buzzard. When you pick up the rifle the trigger lets go of the rope and the target starts to move. In April it wasn't working a lot of the time but it wasn't a prop failure in several RO opinions. Go figure

So now it isn't fair to stage the rifle vertical? Why? I can see vertical shotgun racks going by the wayside, but rifles?

muzzle of loaded gun, head over the top of it, bad juju..........

If your head is over the muzzle at that rack, you're leaning over way too far. If you're wearing a shotgun bra, you're in danger of tipping over. ;)

The rack is used to start the mover. It works better than that #%!& plunger on the wrong side of the rifle at the mine/running buffalo stage.

Why in the WORLD... are we STILL using VERTICAL rifle racks at EOT? :angry:

Just a gues here on my part.

But the theme is EOT's of the past.

So a throw back vertical rack????

PS. I hope they stay in the past.

PWB that isn't a rifle rack that is the trigger for the buzzard. When you pick up the rifle the trigger lets go of the rope and the target starts to move. In April it wasn't working a lot of the time but it wasn't a prop failure in several RO opinions. Go figure

Blackey,

I KNOW what it is & how it works (as long as it's reset correctly).

I emailed LJ after he posted the question.

I double dog dare ya to video the first posse starts and see how many heads get swept ;)

Did I understand the instructions, the bonus is -5 seconds for a hit and +5 seconds for a miss?

If you are a top tier shooter, you might want shoot this stage first and see if you need to be serious about the rest of the match.

Me, it don't matter much. Shooting BP, the morning stage will hurt me more :lol:

Cheers,

BJT

If your head is over the muzzle at that rack, you're leaning over way too far. If you're wearing a shotgun bra, you're in danger of tipping over. ;)

The rack is used to start the mover. It works better than that #%!& plunger on the wrong side of the rifle at the mine/running buffalo stage.

Even a bonus target to level the playing field. :)

Not real sure how you figure that one. Most the top shooter can

do that faster, and with more accuracy, than the average to lower shooter.

Putting more space between them.

If they go for it.

And once the first one does. It is going to be a must for the others.

Did I understand the instructions, the bonus is -5 seconds for a hit and +5 seconds for a miss?

If you are a top tier shooter, you might want shoot this stage first and see if you need to be serious about the rest of the match.

Cheers,

BJT

DING DING DING... we have a winner. This one will definitely be a match maker/breaker.

I double dog dare ya to video the first posse starts and see how many heads get swept ;)

Me, it don't matter much. Shooting BP, the morning stage will hurt me more :lol:

Cheers,

BJT

You got it......it's a 10 second target AFTER the first person hits it......My FAVORITE.

The rifle rack is fine IMHO.....we've been activating moving targets with the same sort of set up for years......

Stan

Not real sure how you figure that one. Most the top shooter can

do that faster, and with more accuracy, than the average to lower shooter.

Putting more space between them.

If they go for it.

And once the first one does. It is going to be a must for the others.

AA, note the smiley face. I could be wrong, but I think he might be poking fun at those who might actually think it would "level the playing field."

"Stuff" like this is why I don't go to EOT.

Your loss. Now, would you please talk 3 or 4 of the top Frontiersmen to stay with you?

This is taken out of page 4 of SASS Match Director guide to match design.

6. Designs that offer a small bonus (say 2-5

seconds) for a bird hit or a small target, and

no penalty for a miss are viewed more favorably

by competitors than designs that

are scored as a miss and no bonus.

Just saying.

PS. to avoid getting my house burned down or waking up to find a horse head in my bed, I don't have a problem with the described target.

AA, note the smiley face. I could be wrong, but I think he might be poking fun at those who might actually think it would "level the playing field."

You are probably right

My bad.

Just ya hear people say that same thing so many time.

Ya just get tired of hearing it.

We use these "hostage targets" a LOT !! I like them, but it is important that the small head be on the same side for all shooters. We do NOT use them for bonuses. It is a required hit or miss. I don't like bonus targets. After the first shooter hits it it becomes a required target for everyone.

If you have ever been to Founders Ranch you have seen and shot this basic stage as they have it almost (if not) every year. They had the moving Buzzard at Norco at least one year because I remember the tab on the loading gate of my 66 broke on the buzzard stage and cost me a bunch of misses. The only big difference on the video is the goofy little hostage target. I'm with Hell's Comin on this, I'm shootin at the big target. It's amazing how people can get all excited over something that's been shot numerous times before.

If you have ever been to Founders Ranch you have seen and shot this basic stage as they have it almost (if not) every year. They had the moving Buzzard at Norco at least one year because I remember the tab on the loading gate of my 66 broke on the buzzard stage and cost me a bunch of misses. The only big difference on the video is the goofy little hostage target. I'm with Hell's Comin on this, I'm shootin at the big target. It's amazing how people can get all excited over something that's been shot numerous times before.

LP, I agree with you and HC....and I have it on first rotation. Shooting duelist, as you, my thinking is that I will have to spend extra time to take shot at bonus then IF I miss I am down more than five seconds. That's assuming I can hit the main target instead.

See you guys soon.

bb

What's the theme of this year's EOT? Oh yeah, something about EOTs past. VERY, very likely to see some stuff from even the days when 1-gun or 2-gun stages were prevalent... Tis the biggest reason I'm sore that I can't afford to go!

I'm with you, Hells Comin on the bonus target, the risk is not worth the reward especially in a rank point match.

I assumed they would import a dairy for everyone to camp next to. Now that would be nostalgic :P

Very Best Regards,

BJT

What's the theme of this year's EOT? Oh yeah, something about EOTs past. VERY, very likely to see some stuff from even the days when 1-gun or 2-gun stages were prevalent... Tis the biggest reason I'm sore that I can't afford to go!

Jack,

Are you coming to EOT? Looking forward to seeing you again. If not, will see you at Comin' at 'Cha.

Looking forward to a fun time at EOT and see all of the rest of youse guys: HC, BB, LP, etc!!!

Leaving Saturday and will be there Sunday on the hill!

I assumed they would import a dairy for everyone to camp next to. Now that would be nostalgic :P

Very Best Regards,

BJT

Thank you, I needed a belly laugh today! But, you say that like it's a BAD thing!

Archived