SASS Wire Forum

For Chickahominy Charlie and Slick McClade

Complicated Lady

Great song.... I want to make sure you have heard it.

"Just Fishin" by Trace Adkins

My grand daughter is almost 2 years old. My son loves to fish.

When he heard this song he knew it would be their song.

For those daddies that shoot instead of fish... just substitute "shootin" for "fishin"

"....and she thinks we're just shootin..."

You have a grand daughter?

yes sir

her name is Laramie Belle

and she just happens to be spending the night with Nana tonight...that's me of course

Naw !!!!

Yur too young to be a Nana !! :blink:

I have 2 of Trace Atkin's albums, but don't think I have dat one.

Thanks gentlemen

That picture was taken last year.

I do plan on wearing that dress next week.

It's one of my favorites.

Lawdy...........and Nana can still wear da same dress ?

Remarkable !!!!!

Well, guess I shud'nt be surprised-

You bein a East Texas gal 'n all-

That's funny Hoss

seeing how I lived the first 20 years of my life in Southern California.

Actually guys... I'm kinda fretting over the compliments y'all give me on the wire. Love 'em, they make a lady feel great...please don't stop...

BUT...

I hope y'all are not sorely disappointed when you meet me in person.

I really am just a 44 year old nana.

That's funny Hoss

seeing how I lived the first 20 years of my life in Southern California.

Actually guys... I'm kinda fretting over the compliments y'all give me on the wire. Love 'em, they make a lady feel great...please don't stop...

BUT...

I hope y'all are not sorely disappointed when you meet me in person.

I really am just a 44 year old nana.

I WISH THEY ALL CUD BE CALIFORNIA GIRLS (AS THE BEACH BOYS WUD SAY- OR SING)

THEN they move to TEXAS!

Dont git no better than that!!!

Oh what da he77..........

When I met ya, I hope tur not too disapointed......after all I'm.....

Bald headed...

Cross eyed..

Buck toothed...

Hunch backed....

Bow legged...

Knot kneed..

Piegon toed...

50'ish...

Cowpoke !!

And dem's my good points too !! :blink:

Oh what da he77..........

When I met ya, I hope tur not too disapointed......after all I'm.....

Bald headed...

Cross eyed..

Buck toothed...

Hunch backed....

Bow legged...

Knot kneed..

Piegon toed...

50'ish...

Cowpoke !!

And dem's my good points too !! :blink:

Hey that describes some of my favorite people!

CC, I appreciate the thought and the tune. Yeppers, I've heard it, and thought about my time spent with my 13 y/o girl. BTW, my 8 y/o son just started shooting .22 pistols (he can't yet hold up the rifle or shotgun, but he's growin' :) ) with Big Sis and Dad.

I've said it before to folks in person and I've stated it here on the wire. I can't think of anything that I've done with my kiddos that was more rewarding than CAS. For some reason, my daughter's 13th birthday last fall was a lightening bolt to me. "Only 5 more years and she's gone!" :o I already did stuff with her, but I made a vow that I would do more. Then, a couple of months later (I think it was a "God Thing" ;) ), we "discovered" SASS and started shooting together. Her skills have progressed quickly (and yeah, I've gotten better too ^_^ ), we spend time even in the reloading room before shoots, she won Texas State Buckerette Champion (and I don't care if she was unopposed, she won :) ), and so forth over the last 7 months. She's taken to it like fish in water, and I've been there to watch it happen, coach, encourage, and beam. :D

The 8 y/o son decides, "Gee, they're havin' so much fun, When do I get some guns?" So, he started last month. He ain't too fast yet, but he only misses a couple of targets each local shoot. A fellow pard and shooter said to him at one shoot, "You're doin' pretty good today!" and he replied (with on the matter-of-fact style that only an 8 y/o could muster), "Yeah, well, I'm shootin' clean through the first 3 stages." :lol:

I guess I could be a PawPaw by now (I'll be 47 next month :o ), but I was a "slow learner" and didn't have kiddos til later. :D

.....and for all ya'll that ain't met CC, the best part is that she's purty on the inside....which to me is the most important part.

Chick

Thank you - neat song - my lil' gal will be 11 on the 4th....

Here she is shootin' for the first time

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=171227

GG ~ :FlagAm:

CC, I appreciate the thought and the tune. Yeppers, I've heard it, and thought about my time spent with my 13 y/o girl. BTW, my 8 y/o son just started shooting .22 pistols (he can't yet hold up the rifle or shotgun, but he's growin' :) ) with Big Sis and Dad.

I've said it before to folks in person and I've stated it here on the wire. I can't think of anything that I've done with my kiddos that was more rewarding than CAS. For some reason, my daughter's 13th birthday last fall was a lightening bolt to me. "Only 5 more years and she's gone!" :o I already did stuff with her, but I made a vow that I would do more. Then, a couple of months later (I think it was a "God Thing" ;) ), we "discovered" SASS and started shooting together. Her skills have progressed quickly (and yeah, I've gotten better too ^_^ ), we spend time even in the reloading room before shoots, she won Texas State Buckerette Champion (and I don't care if she was unopposed, she won :) ), and so forth over the last 7 months. She's taken to it like fish in water, and I've been there to watch it happen, coach, encourage, and beam. :D

The 8 y/o son decides, "Gee, they're havin' so much fun, When do I get some guns?" So, he started last month. He ain't too fast yet, but he only misses a couple of targets each local shoot. A fellow pard and shooter said to him at one shoot, "You're doin' pretty good today!" and he replied (with on the matter-of-fact style that only an 8 y/o could muster), "Yeah, well, I'm shootin' clean through the first 3 stages." :lol:

I guess I could be a PawPaw by now (I'll be 47 next month :o ), but I was a "slow learner" and didn't have kiddos til later. :D

.....and for all ya'll that ain't met CC, the best part is that she's purty on the inside....which to me is the most important part.

Chick

To everything you said about about your kids... soooo cool... and so important. Time with people that love them is what kids really need.

As for that last line....

I hope, I hope, I hope that you are talking about me.... gonna feel really silly if you are not...

so why do you and TBone keep calling me CC?

Thank you - neat song - my lil' gal will be 11 on the 4th....

Here she is shootin' for the first time

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=171227

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I love her smile.... something tells me Daddy's smile was pretty big behind that camera too!

CL, ... I too have heard that song and had to imagine what it would feel like. I have no kids, so I can only guess what it is you people feel. I do enjoy the song though.

I still can't believe you're a grand-ma. How long you been out of nickers there gal?

As for that last line....

I hope, I hope, I hope that you are talking about me.... gonna feel really silly if you are not...

so why do you and TBone keep calling me CC?

Complicated Chick? :lol:

I just started doin' it cuz T-Bone did.....and it got yer feathers ruffled..... :)

.....'course I wuz talkin' 'bout you.....silly girl....

Chick

Archived