SASS Wire Forum

IH Apologize ta Cypress Sam

Bad Hombre #23212

At last months Indian River Regulator match, I bested the Gunfighter extraordinaire Cypress Sam by an amazing 3 seconds!!!...that's a lot!! :D

But upon further review and reading Kid Hawkin's excellent rule explanation from the Fort White site http://www.fwcc.net/tg_files/Overloading%20the%20rifle.pdf ...Which looked Dang familiar!!

It seems I deserved a low down stinking P, for loadin 10 instead of 9 and shootin the Dang target, which I did not receive and therefore Cypress Sam "wins again". :angry:

Sam would be a measly 7 seconds ahead...BUT Sam, being the honest guy that he is, admitted missing a target, that was not called.

So...Sam actually wins by 2 count-um 2 miserable seconds...that ain't much!!

So I here by Apologize for stealing away Sam's beautiful, shinny Blue ribbon!!

I do not have said Blue ribbon as I gave it back to B O Bob, to use again, you may get it from him if you so desire!!

I would like the second place ribbon, as I need one for each Louis L'Amour book!!

I most blame Turkey Creek Red for implementing the overload rule change at the safety meeting, and thereby Daring me to try it!!...thats my excuse..I mean story and I'm sticking to it!!

Sincerely...well almost.

Bad Hombre

I been trying to figure this out for the last hour or so. Two seconds "now that's a lot" but three seconds is "two miserable seconds - that ain't much". Anyway Hombre, I thought you already won or I wouldn't have confessed about the miss. The spotters said it hit, so who am I to argue with the esteemed spotters? So that makes it back to 7 seconds which is at least better than "ain't much".

Still trying to figure whether to go out to the truck to get my hat!!!!!!!!!

Sam always does make a better winner than a loser. Kidding aside, he's a class act.....and a Jedi.

KK

Archived