SASS Wire Forum

Well THAT won't work

Shooting Bull

Advertised on CAS City: Ruger Single Ten

Neat little 10-shot .22 (New version of the old the Single Six.) My problem is that it comes with fiber optic sights. No can use for SASS side matches. :blink:

Simple fix: sight black or magic marker.

Guest diablo slim shootist

They should have made interchangeable sights ;)

What were those guys thinking!!!! :wacko:

Ya know, I was plannin' on doin' just that for yer birthday. But then Just George told me you was so old you quit havin' birthdays. Damn the bad luck. :(

I didn't quit hav'n them, it's just that most folks can't count that high :o

Tell you what, you can send me one for Fathers Day. That's this Sunday :P

Cheers, & THX,

LG

I didn't quit hav'n them, it's just that most folks can't count that high :o

Tell you what, you can send me one for Fathers Day. That's this Sunday :P

Cheers, & THX,

LG

It'll be in the mail.

Love ya Dad. :wub:

(I'm in your will, right? :blink: )

P.S. There's a VERY good chance we'll be in Tehachapi over July 4th weekend. If that works out, we're planning on shooting with the 5 Dogs Creek club. Just in case anybody's interested. ;)

While the fiber optic sights are abhorrent to our cowboy sensibilities, for reg'lar folks they are the latest fad. Ruger is not marketing it to our little niche market but to mainstream plinkers mostly and small game hunters.

A fixed sight alternative is the 10 shot Uberti Stallion.

Philly, ifn' yer gonna be that close you can shoot with us on the 2nd. 6 stages shot after a breakfast of scrambled eggs, pancakes, links, OJ and coffee.

We'd love to have the both you.

Just George

Philly, ifn' yer gonna be that close you can shoot with us on the 2nd. 6 stages shot after a breakfast of scrambled eggs, pancakes, links, OJ and coffee.

We'd love to have the both you.

Just George

JG as per our laws, Philly Slim MUST be "dipped" in our sheep tank with the rest. :P:lol:

Cheers,

LG

JG as per our laws, Philly Slim MUST be "dipped" in our sheep tank with the rest. :P:lol:

Cheers,

LG

And Dipped he will be! The fine folks over at 5-Dogs are not going to let him just slip on in. Either the trusty portable dip tank or the for sure real thing in Ridgecrest will get him, for sure!

Just (out dippin') George

Now hold on just a dog gone minute here. I already been dipped in that confounded tank. Me and Sour Kraut both, AT THE SAME TIME. :wub: And I got pictures to prove it. Even got one ugly picture of Just George supervisin' the whole operation.

(George, as much as I'd dearly love to come shoot with you again, I think we'll only be able to shoot once that weekend. And we've already shot with the RRVs. Don't count us completely out but, it's less that 50%.)

And a fine photo it is, for sure. <_< Now don't go getting all teary eyed on us. :lol: The folks at 5-Dogs will treat you very well. They are a great club to shoot with and may even cut you some slack, beind as you are from NEEEVADA! But beware, you may encounter the portable Sheep Dip tank! :P

Archived