SASS Wire Forum

.45 acp carbine?

Tomboy

Olympic Arms makes AR-15's in 45 ACP, 40, 10mm, 9mm. I have one in 45 ACP. These originally used modified 45 UZI mags. Now Olympic has a new mag for them.

Horace

Hi,

Searching around I found the Olympic upper. And there is an adapter to fit greasegun(M3) magazines to an AR well.

Seem to be lots of M3 mags around and the consensus is that they are superior to the Thompson mags.

Agree on the Hi Point high capacity mag; you'd think that the Hi Point people would be in tune w. this. Maybe PC considerations give them pause. Shame because there is a lot of agreement that the Hi Point is a good cheap gun.

.45 ACP carbine concept is attractive from a home defense aspect, better control and you won't kill a bunch of neighbors.

-T

:FlagAm: Marlin made the CAMP RIFLE.... semi-auto that used a 1911 mag. Great gun....they also made them in 9mm ^_^

:FlagAm: Marlin made the CAMP RIFLE.... semi-auto that used a 1911 mag. Great gun....they also made them in 9mm ^_^

Yep, I've got one of each. The standard 1911 magazine fits the Camp Carbine .45ACP., and the S&W model 59 mag fits the 9mm Camp Carbine.

I've got a 30 round 1911 mag. It looks a heck of a lot beter stickin' out of the Camp Carbine than it does stickin' out the bottom of my 1911!

Archived