SASS Wire Forum

What category is it called?

Three Foot Johnson

I'm getting my daughter & I signed up for the state match next month - she's 17 now, so is her category called "Cowgirl" or "Lady Cowboy"??

Lady Cowboy. Here's why I say that, on the scores for last years MT state match they listed the lady cats, wrangler for example as "WL" so I assume it would be "CL" (or lady cowboy) for your daughter.

But I'm sure you could put either on the entry form and they'd figure it out.

Grizz

I may shoot slow, but I'm pretty quick with a google.

Every match I have EVER seen, that category is called Cowgirl. This includes Winter Range and EoT.

And the shooter's handbook calls out Classic Cowgirl when it explicitly names the Classic categories. So, implication and common practice seems to be Cowgirl for the age-based ladies, open-age class. Unfortunately, the shooter's handbook does not list the names of the ladies categories, except where the ladies category is vastly different than the men's - like Elder Statesmen/Grande Dame.

Amber Ale has NEVER shot as a Lady Cowboy.

But, it normally depends upon how the Match Director decided to write the name down for the application, which usually carries over to the scoring effort that same way. Does it really matter which one the MD chooses?

Good luck, GJ

(and, Comin' At Cha and US Open, in the scoresheets, call it CG (Cowgirl). Applications dodge the issue by having applicant write in the category name themselves (that could be dangerous :lol:), or circle Female gender and Cowboy category.)

Hers is easy - I'm still torn between Gunfighter, FC Gunfighter, Frontiersman, or B Western. :blush:

Any category is fine as long as the powder is black. :lol:

I didn't know they offered a FCGF type category til I was looking over last year's scores this morning and noticed a single entrant in a category listed as SBPGF, which must be Senior Black Powder Gunfighter.

Maybe I'll shoot black powder B Western Gunfighter the first day and black powder B Western Duelist the second... with C&B's of course. :lol:

Archived