SASS Wire Forum

Cheyenne Social Club

Aunt Jen

I just wanted to say thanks to whomever it was who recommended the Cheyenne Social Club movie. I haven't been so charmed in a while. Henry Fonda and James Stewart in that subtle comedy. A real charmer. :)

Aunt Jen

So the Cheyenne Social Club is owned by Jimmy Stewart only so long as the women work there, when it will revert to the rail road.

He owns the house....

1. is it legal for him to move the house off the railroad land, say, a hundred yards to the north, and

2. is it possible to move the house? I'm thinking dig underneath, put ties in, insert jacks, raise it—no plumbing—and use cut logs to roll it carefully over the flat land around it until off the railroad land?

Aunt Jen

I've moved sheds using nothing more than levers and logs and some horsepower. Granted the horse power came from my truck, but all it was doing is pulling what horses could have...

Haven't seen that movie in ages, might be time to watch it again...

I've moved sheds using nothing more than levers and logs and some horsepower. Granted the horse power came from my truck, but all it was doing is pulling what horses could have...

Haven't seen that movie in ages, might be time to watch it again...

A great little movie. And morality play.

On moving big and heavy things, about the two minute mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK1Rzch89Dw

Guest EL NEGRO GATO #8178

HI YA JEN that movie is one of my favorites the girls were wonerful to look at LOL

ENG :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Archived