SASS Wire Forum

The "Hillbilly Calender" app for smart phones.

One of my jobs is "taxi driver/advocate" for my aging FIL, ferrying him to myriad appointments. Not a big deal, but with the recent rash of my own appointments, the dance card is getting a little crowded. So when a doctor's office wants to make me an appointment, my typical response has been to take the appointment "subject to" a possible call back if I have a conflict. Then when I get home I look at our wall calender in the hall by the phone, where my FIL, my wife, and myself add appointments as they come in, to verify availability.

Tonight I said to my wife "You know, they have calender apps for my (android) phone, but I don't wanna go through all that nonsense" (to input).

So she says: "Just take a picture of the calender with your phone. Then in the doctor's office, when they ask if a certain day if available, you can look at it and see."

A classic Hillbilly response, but a brilliant merger of two technologies. The "Hillbilly Calender" app. Available for any camera phone (works best with a smart phone's easy to zoom screen". Works with Iphone, Crackberry, or Droid. Easy as point-n-shoot. :)

Well ...... If you don't have an iPhone, you just don't have an iPhone. My iPhone syncs with my iMac and my iPad to update iCal (Calendar) and ........ I have it at my fingertips. Ta Da!!

Hey AJ, you have any Henry carriers in stock?? Gonna need another one.

Coffinmaker

Archived