SASS Wire Forum

Winchester 1897 Black Diamond Trap Gun FOR SALE

Winchester 1897 Black Diamond Trap Gun made in 1907. Really nice shape, reblued at some point. 26" barrel, full choke. It will hold six in the magazine and they all feed and eject fine. Serial numbers match on frame and barrel. Takes down and goes back together great, locks up tight. Strong hammer spring, good action. Light pitting in the barrel from the chamber to about 1/3 of the way up. I tried to show this in the pictures. Some small dents in the wood, the checkering is faint. Stock is tight. Has a fossilized recoil pad that's hard as a rock. Length of pull is 13". I have not done a thing to it other than fire for function with Featherlights and clean the barrel afterward.

$850 Shipped

Pictures

Winchester 1897 Black Diamond Trap Gun made in 1907. Really nice shape, reblued at some point. 26" barrel, full choke. I don't think the barrel was cut, there is a definite constriction at the muzzle when I ran some patches through it. You can feel the choke. It will hold six in the magazine and they all feed and eject fine. Serial numbers match on frame and barrel. Takes down and goes back together great, locks up tight. Strong hammer spring, good action. Light pitting in the barrel from the chamber to about 1/3 of the way up. I tried to show this in the pictures. Some small dents in the wood, the checkering is faint. Stock is tight. Has a fossilized recoil pad that's hard as a rock. Length of pull is 13". I have not done a thing to it other than fire for function with Featherlights and clean the barrel afterward.

Asking $1100 OBO or trade for something good. No one wheel carts or three-legged mules, please.

Pictures

And what's wrong with three-legged mules?? They is slow but will get you there...

Texas Lizard

Archived