SASS Wire Forum

Rugged Gear 6-Gun Conversion

Chief Rick

Is anyone using the Rugged Gear cart with the 4-gun to 6-gun conversion?

I'm curious as to how the cart folds with the conversion: does it fold normally or does the the conversion have to be disconnected in order to collapse the cart?

With my daughter shooting with us, we need the ability to carry two more long guns - trying to decide between the conversion or buying a new 3-gun cart. I like the price of the conversion more than the new cart.

Flimsy enough w/4 guns!!

Semi +1. I love my Rugged Gear cart and it is not flimsy IF it is not overloaded. You have to remember it is a lightweight, folding, canvas cart. When people forget the whole purpose of the Rugged Gear is to have a LIGHTWEIGHT easy to push cart and start trying to load 100 pounds of gear in it they start having problems. Broken wheels, broken handles, etc. I would buy two three gun carts rather than trying to load 6 guns, ammo, and other junk into one cart.

We just picked up our first Rugged Gear 4-gun cart a couple months ago. While not as "strong" as some of the wood carts that I've seen, it's a lot lighter and easier to maneuver than most - which is extremely important when the wife and daughter go to a shoot without me - and I really like the fact that it folds down so compactly.

Reckon I will wait and save up for a 3-gun cart instead of getting the conversion.

I'll answer the OP in a moment...

I sold my "old model" 4-gun RG cart to a pard in my club, then bought a "new model." At Green Mountain Mayhem, couple of weeks ago, I think that the two of us "sold" another ten or so carts.

A simple way to carry an extra gun or two is to wrap the metal bar between two of the "claws" with rawhide shoelace. There's plenty of room for another butt on the step.

Another solution is to just buy a couple more hooks and mount them between the four existing hooks.

We just picked up our first Rugged Gear 4-gun cart a couple months ago. While not as "strong" as some of the wood carts that I've seen, it's a lot lighter and easier to maneuver than most - which is extremely important when the wife and daughter go to a shoot without me - and I really like the fact that it folds down so compactly.

Reckon I will wait and save up for a 3-gun cart instead of getting the conversion.

Please allow me to offer an unsolicited opinion. If you're gonna save up to buy another cart anyway, get another 4-gun. Do NOT get the 3 gun. I was the first in the family to get an RG cart and got the 3 gun. My wife liked it so much she got one but decided on the 4 gun instead. Boyyyyy HOWDY am I jealous. Soooo much extra storage space with the 4 gun cart that since you're already used to it, I'd guess you'd be very unhappy if you went to the 3 gun model.

Please allow me to offer an unsolicited opinion. If you're gonna save up to buy another cart anyway, get another 4-gun. Do NOT get the 3 gun. I was the first in the family to get an RG cart and got the 3 gun. My wife liked it so much she got one but decided on the 4 gun instead. Boyyyyy HOWDY am I jealous. Soooo much extra storage space with the 4 gun cart that since you're already used to it, I'd guess you'd be very unhappy if you went to the 3 gun model.

Good points Philly - that "extra" hundred dollars difference over the 3-gun is what has my attention at the moment.

Patience in the procurement of firearms or their accessories is not my best attribute!

Good points Philly - that "extra" hundred dollars difference over the 3-gun is what has my attention at the moment.

Patience in the procurement of firearms or their accessories is not my best attribute!

Oh, c'mon. Somewhere in your safe is a pistol you don't want. Turn it into a cart.

Oh, c'mon. Somewhere in your safe is a pistol you don't want. Turn it into a cart.

Actually - no. I already have my sights set (no pun intended) on a 100th anniversary stainless steel Colt Commander, which I plan to put on layaway at the end of this month if he still has it on the shelf (I hope, I hope, I hope).

Now, I do have an older Savage 116 Weather Warrior (Savage 3-screw trigger) in 7mm RUM that I've been contemplating parting with...

Don't have much use for that rifle now that I'm back in MS.

Rick,

If you decide to buy a new 4 gun, get the ladies one of the new limited edition pink ones.

He's Navy, the pink one would be for him. ;)

(Sorry Rick, as a flyboy there's no way I could pass that up. :lol: )

He's Navy, the pink one would be for him. ;)

(Sorry Rick, as a flyboy there's no way I could pass that up. :lol: )

Owww! Where's the love?

I could have pushed a pink cart and not have to worry in the past, but with the repeal of DADT... :ph34r: Don't want anybody to think I'm coming out of some kind of closet.

Sure wouldn't have to worry about losing that pink cart in a sea of Rugged Gear clones!

Rick,

If you decide to buy a new 4 gun, get the ladies one of the new limited edition pink ones.

I have sent the link to Angie.

She would love it!

Archived