SASS Wire Forum

65 Year Old Richard Childress

Cypress Sun

I know it's old news by now, but 65 year old Richard Childress beat up 25 year old Kyle Busch after a Nascar Truck race in Kansas. Childress reportedly told Busch (after a different incident) that if Busch touched another one of his cars for any reason, that he would get his ass kicked. Last week after the race on the cool down lap, Busch ran into the side of the winner....a Childress truck. True to his word, Childress reportedly got Busch into a headlock and puched him several times in the face.

No arrests were made, but Childress was fined $150,000.00 and put on probation for the rest of the year by NASCAR. I, for one, applaud Childress for "doing something about" Kyle Busch's on track actions. I'm just glad that no charges were filed against Childress, an avid hunter, gun collector and NRA Board Member.

I'll bet Busch thinks twice about hitting a Childress car again.

C.S.

Don't mess with NASCAR geezers! :lol:

I have been a NASCAR Cup fan since the 1960's. There have always been these situations. I am not a Kyle Busch fan, BUT this is one case I think Richard was wrong. It cost him $150K because he did not like the happenings. In the past, he has had drivers that have done the same thing and it was okay with most fans becasue of who the driver was. After how many races did that driver leave "donuts" on the side of the winning race car?

I have really lost a lot of interest in NASCAR since DW retired and Dale got killed. They really brought a lot to racing.

flame on Childress/Earnhardt fans!!!

I have been a NASCAR Cup fan since the 1960's. There have always been these situations. I am not a Kyle Busch fan, BUT this is one case I think Richard was wrong. It cost him $150K because he did not like the happenings. In the past, he has had drivers that have done the same thing and it was okay with most fans becasue of who the driver was. After how many races did that driver leave "donuts" on the side of the winning race car?

I have really lost a lot of interest in NASCAR since DW retired and Dale got killed. They really brought a lot to racing.

I like Jr shenny but I think he has been riding on his dads name for a couple of years. I am a Mark Martin fan myself.

Right or wrong Kurt and Kyle are punks...

Jr is a marketing genious! Since there are not many drivers like the intimidator!

The bumping will continue until someone gets maimed or killed with the little games, sad...

Get out there and drive!!!

yep Childress was wrong, I guess he forgets when his "Intimidator" use to 'take out' Rusty Wallace, Mark Martin, Terry Labonte, etc. :lol:

What.......Earnhardt Sr used to crash people on purpose? Say it ain't so! Just kidding. That's the whole reason I didn't like Sr. One of the reasons I was a Rusty Wallace fan was that he wouldn't put up with Sr's crap. With that being said, Sr was one of the best (if not the best) race car drivers that ever raced. Junior on the other hand, has lived off of his dad's name for years. The reason he doesn't crash the leader of the race at the end, is because the only time he's close to the leader is when he is being lapped.

Maybe if Sr would have had his ass kicked a time or two, he wouldn't have been so "aggresive".

yep Childress was wrong, I guess he forgets when his "Intimidator" use to 'take out' Rusty Wallace, Mark Martin, Terry Labonte, etc. :lol:

That pretty much says it! A lot of people didn't like Senior for the same reasons, now that he's gone (tragically) everyone forgets that about him. I like they way Kyle races, reminds me of Sr. He goes out and is racing to win from lap 1, the rest of the "winners" are all hanging back, making laps, "getting in position" until the last 25 laps or so.

That pretty much says it! A lot of people didn't like Senior for the same reasons, now that he's gone (tragically) everyone forgets that about him. I like they way Kyle races, reminds me of Sr. He goes out and is racing to win from lap 1, the rest of the "winners" are all hanging back, making laps, "getting in position" until the last 25 laps or so.

DW once said that Kyle Busch is the only driver he has ever seen that can go three-wide by himself.

I am both a RCR fan and a Joe Gibbs Racing fan. Think I'll root for the referees in this case.

Anybody but Hendrick Motorsports!

Good for Childress...Busch was warned and rolled the dice...Childress has plenty of money and probably personally feels it was the best $150K spent ;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Kyle Busch fan here, so bring it on! :lol: :lol:

Minor nit, the truck he bumped finished 5th, not 1st. And they hit much harder during the race that. :lol: :lol:

When I 1st retired from the Army, I could not stand to be around folk. So, I took a job haulin' Dale's tires. And ya ALWAYS stayed one track ahead and behind at the same time. R.C. was god durin' race season. "Nobody dies....Nobody get marryed....Nobody has a baby...Nothing happens without my say so !!" I can remember that butt chewin' just like yesterday.

When I did get caught up, I didn't get to sleep.....I was the 2nd gas man over the wall !!!

Heard Richard telling Dale on his radio, he needed a caution(flag) and Dale said, "Workin' on it !!"

3 laps later........'Caution Flag is Out !!"

AND sportsman ship is DEAD.......DOA I tell you!

I was a BIG NASCAR fan in the 60's, when the REAL drivers went round-E-round.

The NASCAR of today is a joke........

Flame on :lol:

LG

I lost interest when the cars stopped being cars and became interchangeable race cars with photo realistic shells I do watch a race or 2 each year for old times sake... but it has become fewer and fewer over the last few years

when Fords raced GM back then it was interesting... look at the way the speeds increased year on year from the start with the Hudson in the early 50s to the Fords of the late 60s... and at how little the speeds have increased since then... once racing was about inventing and developing improvements that we would see in our own cars.... now it is just about seeing how many sponsors names you can drop into a 20 sec interview.... and how often are the network broadcasters required to say "fill up with Sunoco race fuel" at every pitstop.... grump grump grump

I still like NASCAR. Actually I like all forms of motorsports including Baja, AMA SX/MX....yeah, I like it all. Especially Speedway....as in this - FUN!!

http://costamesaspeedway.net/

Bruce Penhall was my 'hero' when I was a kid :)

I like to watch Kyle race. I root for him. It's kinda like rootin for the underdog. The more people hate him, the more I like to see him win. I'm not watching any of them because of their personalities. I like to watch hardcore racing, and Kyle is a hardcore racer.

Cash

I like to watch Kyle race. I root for him. It's kinda like rootin for the underdog. The more people hate him, the more I like to see him win. I'm not watching any of them because of their personalities. I like to watch hardcore racing, and Kyle is a hardcore racer.

Cash

...and now he's a hardcore punching bag :P

Of course most who grow up in racing have been on both sides of the 'bag' :lol:

I have not watched a full NASCAR race since Dale hit the wall.

I would like to see them go back to "run what you brung".

No spoilers, no air dams, factory specs on the body style. The big slid started when Pontiac complained because Ford had a rear deck longer than Pontiac. They changed the rules to allow the longer deck and it all went to hell after that. It was called "leveling the playing field". Ruined the sport.

I have not watched a full NASCAR race since Dale hit the wall.

I would like to see them go back to "run what you brung".

No spoilers, no air dams, factory specs on the body style. The big slid started when Pontiac complained because Ford had a rear deck longer than Pontiac. They changed the rules to allow the longer deck and it all went to hell after that. It was called "leveling the playing field". Ruined the sport.

Sounds like the 'politically correct' world we live in :wacko:

Dale Sr. took people out, he got took out, but he didn't whine about it and settled it on the track, or out back of the hauler. Dale started racing when he had to win to pay his tire bill, and he kept that driving skill all his life. It still happens every week at the small local tracks. If you're faster and you nudge the guy and he don't move, you take him out. Richard was a meat cutter without a pot to peein, he still remembers where he came from. Kyle is a really talented driver, but has no maturity or personality. Richard maybe taught him a lesson. Today's drivers get a top notch ride at 20 years old and don't have to "earn their stripes" like in the old days. How many races ya reckon Dale Sr. woulda won if he started at 20 instead of 30???

Dale Sr. took people out, he got took out, but he didn't whine about it and settled it on the track, or out back of the hauler. Dale started racing when he had to win to pay his tire bill, and he kept that driving skill all his life. It still happens every week at the small local tracks. If you're faster and you nudge the guy and he don't move, you take him out. Richard was a meat cutter without a pot to peein, he still remembers where he came from. Kyle is a really talented driver, but has no maturity or personality. Richard maybe taught him a lesson. Today's drivers get a top notch ride at 20 years old and don't have to "earn their stripes" like in the old days. How many races ya reckon Dale Sr. woulda won if he started at 20 instead of 30???

I couldn't agree with you more. IMHO Kyle Busch is a extremely talented race car driver, but probably never got into a fight in his life. I think Ol Richard gave him a life lesson. I did notice yesterday that when Harvick was running him all over the track, he avoid contact to the point of almost running himself into the grass. Gotta wonder if the encounter with Childress had any bearing on that.

Although I didn't like Dale Sr., he was probably the best race car driver that ever lived. After he crashed Rusty at Talledega I just didn't have the respect for him anymore.

+1

I had the honor to have dinner with Mr.Rick Hendrick and Kyle Bush twice,Kyle was a very nice young man,

Until he put his helmet on-Dr.Jekyl and Mr.Hyde comes to mind.

Rick Hendrick couldn't get through to Kyle-Mr."H" is the greatest owner/mentor hands down in NASCAR today!

However,I think Joe Gibbs should pay Richard's fine - Richard got Kyles attention,Something Joe Gibbs has been Unable

to do! Way to go Richard,you da Man.

GO JEFF GORDON the next 5 Time

Archived