SASS Wire Forum

Shot my first match today

Hopalong Strong

Thanks for all the excellent advice I have gotten here. I finally got to shoot my first match today. The Bristol Plains Pistoleros did their setup today and then ran a practice match. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! I cannot wait to go tomorrow and do it all again. I shot OK for a first timer and I had a blast. I am hooked.

Congrats!

It does get addicting that is for sure!

Grizz

It is NOT addicting...I can quit anytime I choose to... Just don't see the need to...A WHOLE WEEK! I've got to wait a whole...hands a shaking..

Welcome Hop!

Yep,the hard part is waiting for the next shoot !!

now,missing..that's EASY. trust me. ;)

welcome to the fun !!

Cowboy acton is amazingly fun. It is fast paced, exciting, challenging and entertaining. I am writing this in my cowboy duds since I am heading back up to do it again today. It involves speed, accuracy and a fair amount of thinking. It takes way more thinking than I thought. I am also amazed that I can miss a target that is so close. That part was easy! I'm heading out the door now to do it all again.

Day two is done. I had an amazing time doing it. I shot several clean stages and if I missed on a stage it was only once. That is promising. I cannot wait to do it again. I know I am booked next weekend with a boy scout shoot (we are not actually shooting the boy scouts but rather teaching them to shoot) but I MUST find a SASS match for the following weekend. I'm gettin all itchy thinking about it.

Thanks to all who were so warm, helpful and inviting.

Cowboy acton is amazingly fun. It is fast paced, exciting, challenging and entertaining. I am writing this in my cowboy duds since I am heading back up to do it again today. It involves speed, accuracy and a fair amount of thinking. It takes way more thinking than I thought. I am also amazed that I can miss a target that is so close. That part was easy! I'm heading out the door now to do it all again.

Hehehe... My thoughts exactly. I was blown away by how easy it is to miss when you are shooting on the clock. The veteran shooters make it look easy, but when you first step up to the line you suddenly realize how many different things you have to keep track of!

-Solo Sam

Day two is done. I had an amazing time doing it. I shot several clean stages and if I missed on a stage it was only once. That is promising. I cannot wait to do it again. I know I am booked next weekend with a boy scout shoot (we are not actually shooting the boy scouts but rather teaching them to shoot) but I MUST find a SASS match for the following weekend. I'm gettin all itchy thinking about it.

Thanks to all who were so warm, helpful and inviting.

Good Guys posse in Rockford IL Sat the 26th...........www.goodguysposee.org............Bandit

Good Guys posse in Rockford IL Sat the 26th...........www.goodguysposee.org............Bandit

I will be there. My calendar says it is Sunday not Saturday. Which day it is?

Hehehe... My thoughts exactly. I was blown away by how easy it is to miss when you are shooting on the clock. The veteran shooters make it look easy, but when you first step up to the line you suddenly realize how many different things you have to keep track of!

-Solo Sam

Wait till you've been doing this 20-25 years....you don't think....just go on auto-pilot and shoot.

Just sayin'

Big Jake

Hey Hopalong,

GGP shoots on Sunday June 26.

Glad you're having so much fun, see you next Sunday.

SK

I will be there. I can hardly wait. I'm struggling with a Marlin Jam issue that I need to have worked out before hand but I'll be there.

and a fair amount of thinking. It takes way more thinking than I thought.

You're right on the thinking part. The "P's" are what got me my first time out just for not thinking. Smithy.

Archived