SASS Wire Forum

Beasley New Vaquero

theywalkamongus

:D I got my money back today :)

I looked at all of the reply's to this post and thank you all for your response, when I posted this I was not happy with the way I was treated my them and was just trying to give everyone a little more information as to the kind of service I received from Eagle Grips.

But as far as you guys saying I should not expect the grips to fit my gun sir to that I take exception;

I talked to them and ask them if they could make grips for my NEW GUNS and they said they could with no problem,

they did not tell me I would need to send them my guns, so yes I expected them to fit

these are not the first grips I have purchased, I have used Ajacks they fit, I have use Altmont(not sure about the spelling of that) but they fit.

And if I was a gunsmith I would have performed the action work myself and not have Long Hunter do it for me.

Just giving all of you a heads up.

(SCOUT) theywalkamonOk

Your experience is very much the opposite of what I have had with Eagle. They made gunfighter buffalo horn grips for my Bisley Ruger old models, and old model hoglegs, and some other guns also, that fit like a champ, very quick turnaround and never a billing problem.

Direct contact with the company will probably get you a solution. Call them. Otherwise, dispute your credit card billing. It's pretty simple.

Good luck, GJ

I too have had an issue(last year)with Eagle Grips. Piss-por fit :angry:

Took 6 months and MANY phone calls from me to fix the issue.

I think their QC has gone TU :lol:

Don't think I'll be buying from them again and that is sad.

At one time their product and service was GREAT.

Respectfully,

LG

Guys,

Guns aren't like Chevrolets. You don't always just bolt a part on and it fits every time. It will happen more often than not with the Rugers but you can expect most others not to fit at all.

As a gunsmith the best you can hope for is a part that's too big. It can always be whittled down to fit. If you aren't willing to send them at least your grip frames don't expect any better from the other grip makers.

+1 to what Nate said. Ever try to get off the shelf grips for a Colt? They will never fit. The only way to get a perfect fit on any handgun is to send the gun. Because of shipping costs that is not possible for most of us, so you have to be prepared for a good, but not perfect fit. I got two pair of Ruger Bisley grips last year and one set was pretty far off. I CALLED and Raj sent two more pair. I picked the ones that fit the best and mailed the others back. Call and ask for Raj. Emails are easy to get lost, easy to forget, and easy to ignore with all the spam and junk mail.

Howdy

Actually, you do not have to send the whole gun. With grips for single action revolvers like a Ruger, all the grip maker needs is the grip frame. Don't need to send the whole gun.

As far as giving others a head's up about unsatisfactory service from a vendor:

"The SASS Wire is not to be used for individuals to challenge vendors or argue their cases or conflicts. It is never to be used as a leveraging tool for any reason. Those are personal issues and not acceptable on the Wire."

That statement is right in the SASS Wire Guidelines. Everybody was supposed to read it when they registered.

Over the years, I have put Eagle gunfighter grips on at least 14 Rugers, including a pair of OM Ruger Bisleys. They all worked fine.

I have no doubt that Ajacks grips would be the best thing for a Beasley. ;)

Guest diablo slim shootist

big waste of time and money...........just use what came on the gun.......

Have you seen those UGLY bisley factory grips! First thing to go ;)

I own 5 Bisleys none have the factory grips <_<

I take all my Ruger Rosewood grips and have them checkered and I compared them to the Eagle gunfighter grips and saw a 1/10th of an inch difference between them with a micrometer but they felt the same, so I never got them.

I have 2 pair of Ruger Old Model Bisley's. One pair is blue and the other is SS. I put a set of Ajax Faux Ivory grips on the blue. They had to be sanded down to fit properly. I then soaked them in Ritz orange dye to age them. They are smooth and I have numerous complements on them. The SS pair I put on Eagle gunfighters in Ebony and also had to sand them to fit. One grip cracked on one pair, got out the old Gorilla Glue and fixed them. No sweat. There is no way the companies can make a perfect fit without the gun or grip frames.

Shenny

Archived