SASS Wire Forum

Wi Fi at EOT?

Dante

A McDonalds in nearby Edgewood, NM (#4A NM State Rd 344) has Wi-Fi. I'm not going to criticize you for wanting to keep in touch with the wired world. Some people have compelling personal reasons for checking the internet or their e-mail frequently. I personally like to leave the internet behind when I put on my cowboy duds and enter the ranch.

Thanks for the responses.

We're driving there from MI and part of our trip will involve going other places besides New Mexico and EOT. We were just hoping to be able to look up local stuff while out there, but we can do that back at the hotel. Thanks for the info on the McDonalds though.

Anyone have an idea about how Sprint works at the range?

Sprint is sometimes ok, sometimes not. ATT and small netwokrs are lousy, usually. Verizon is the only one that, with a new phone, you can count on getting out from down in the town, most of the time. Others can get out either at the top of the ranch hill, or at worst, out on Hiway 217, which is 2 miles away.

Good luck, GJ

Going to my first EOT this year. Does anyone know if they have internet or Wi-Fi there?

In the past, the WiFi network has been turned on for anyone on the ranch to tap in. It PROBABLY will be this year. A phone call to Wild Shot at the SASS office would be the most sure way to check if you will miss it terribly.

Good luck, GJ

Cell phone coverage along I40 is generally pretty good. If you have a smart phone you can do Internet tethering with your laptop or just use the browser on the phone. Phone and messaging has worked for me from Albuquerque to Amarillo with AT&T.

Olen

The library down in Tijeras has wi-fi...I was able to connect to it from the front steps when they were closed. :D

Link to East Mountain Library info including hours, address, map, and SSID

Link to Wi-Fi info

Archived